Advise needed please
Hi :-)
After almost 4 months of being hoarse & bouncing from doctor to doctor (including 2 ENT specialists), I finally got an answer that makes some sense... The CT scan of my neck revealed a goiter approximately 3x it's normal size that is wrapped around my windpipe... The doctor is recommending a total thyroidectomy.
The purpose of my posting is this:
What am I in for with this surgery?? The surgery is not scheduled for another month, is there something I can do to help with recovery??? Anything I could do to relieve the horrendous fatigue and sinus symptoms??? I'm trying real hard to resume my normal activities but all I'm able to do is work a few hours and sleep the remainder of the day/night
Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated!!!
I just had a throidectomy a week ago. I am doing well. It was not that bad. I had a mass on my thyroid. I have had a lot of sinus issues as well. I also could feel pressure in my throat, and had a lot of neck pain. Hope you feel better soon