Thyroid Disorders Community
After Prednisone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

After Prednisone

Felt exhausted after serious bout of bronchitis and long term use of Prednisone.  Tested positive for hypothyroid
and put on Synthroid 50 mcg daily.  OK for two days.  A little sick on the third day.  Thought I would die on the fourth day.  My stomach was so upset with a burning sensation.  I was nauseous and I developed a bad headache with horrible dizziness.

Do you think that I have been mis-diagnosed?
What were your lab results for your thyroid?? Post them here with the lab ranges and let us take a look....that is the only way to know if you are hypo or not. Look for TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 tests for the thyroid.
Also, how long ago did you quit taking the prednisone? If it was recent, you might have hit  a brick wall from coming off the steriods. I just came off of a medrol pack for bronchitis and crashed the week after coming off them. Come to find out they gave me the wrong antibiotic at urgent care so I am taking another round this week....breathing much better. So sorry you are fighting bronchitis as it is so long to overcome and feel better. I am still not over it myself but starting to feel much better.
bump for her second post