Aa
A
A
Close
Always Cold?
I am always cold, fatiqued, very dry skin, gained alot of weight, terrible sinus infections- was diagnosed with Hashimoto's last April and put on 50 Synthroid. Now tests show TSH of 6.13 so doctor increased to 75 Synthroid.

When I am in Florida I feel so much better [not in the northeast] - re: body feeling comfortable, lack of sinus infections. Does a warm climate help with symptoms, does anyone know?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
158939 tn?1274918797
When I am hypo a warm climate does seem to feel better but I'll tell you what the warm climate worked the best on:  fibromyalgia.  Try the increased synthroid for a few weeks and see if you can tell the difference.  I've also found that a humidifier is crucial for me during the dry winter months.  When do you get your TSH checked again?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you utahmomma for your message. I was told to be rechecked in three months. I'm getting over my second sinus infection in a month and am feeling incredibly lousy - and its 25 degrees outside!
My primary doctor is handling this. I think I should see an endocrinologist. What do you think?

Have a great day!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources