Thyroid Disorders Community
Announcing the new Complete Blood Count (CBC) Tracker

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

We're pleased to announce the Complete Blood Count (CBC) Tracker, the thirteenth in a series of Personal Health Applications (PHAs) geared towards helping our members keep track of health metrics, symptoms, treatments, test results and events.

With this tracker, you can track the results of various lab tests, including White Blood Cell (WBC) Count, Red Blood Cell (RBC) Count, hemoglobin, hematocrit, iron levels, total iron-binding capacity (TIBC), and transferrin saturation. This tracker can be used on its own or in conjunction with the other trackers, such as Hepatitis C, HIV, Thyroid, and Kidney Disease.

You can access the CBC Tracker by clicking on the "Trackers" link at the top of the community, from My MedHelp or directly from: http://www.medhelp.org/trackers/list/90 .

We plan on adding more functionality to the CBC Tracker over the next few weeks and would love to get your suggestions and feedback. If you want to track a specific lab, symptom or event, let us know. Please post your comments in the MedHelp Suggestions community, accessible via My Shortcuts.

MedHelp
Thyroid Community Members:  Think if there is anything you'd like to see ... I realize most of our CBC counts are normal with thyroid disease, but the Iron is one area I know many suffer with .. is the iron area covered okay for us?

Thanks MedHelp .. this is another terrific tracker and one Thyroid will be happy to use!

Cheryl & Stella
Cheryl & Stella

The only thing I could think of to add on it would be the Ferritin NG/ML (11-307) levels & the Transferrin MG/DL (200-360) levels.  

Calcium would be nice also but, I see that is on the kidney tracker and not really part of your question.  Sorry.  

I do think the trackers are a great addition to the site.  :-)

Having had a complete thyroidectomy with my para-thyroid glands down to 1 functioning, calcium and pth levels would be useful to moniter. I'm sure other members have that problem also.Enjoy reading all the useful info. Thanks.
Linda1949
Is calcium on the thyroid tracker?  I'll go look.

C~
It's not .. maybe we can get it on the Thyroid Tracker or where else would you like it to be that you use the most?

C~