Thyroid Disorders Community
Anyone In St. George, Utah

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Anyone In St. George, Utah

Dpoes anyone out there reside in St. George Utah
I'm in Salt Lake - are you looking for an endo in St. George?
Yes, I will be, we are thinking of moving  to St. George in May, I was also concerned if they had a full service hospital there, I see they have quite a few Endo's, if you can refer me to one it would be better than searching for a good one.Any info you could provide would be appreciated  Thank You, FTB4
My endo, who specializes in thyroid conditions only (and is *amazing*) practices in St. George a couple days a month (his full time practice is in Salt Lake).  Set an appointment early - he is the BEST and the wait list for new patients appointments can take a few months.  Also, bring all your labs, tests, records, etc.

James Grua MD, PhD.
577 South River Road
Saint George, UT 84790
(435) 688-6000

You won't be disappointed.

There is a full service hospital in St. George: Dixie Regional Medical Center (for information go to IntermountainHealthCare.org) but it is *not* a Level 1 trauma center (meaning it doesn't have a full time staff of trauma and surgical team at all times).  If there is a major medical crisis they transport via helicopter to Las Vegas or Salt Lake.

Welcome to Utah (next month)

Utahmomma
papillary carcinoma '03, 2nd surgery '04
recurrence and RAI '06
three sisters with papillary carcinoma (one with three recurrences/RAI including distant mets)
another sister and daughter with precancerous thyroids
Thanks Much, I will check this out. FTB4
Hi! Hope you don't mind a fellow Utahn ask where in Salt Lake your doctor practices. I'm wondering that because I saw a Endocirnologist in Salt Lake City who was soooo rude to me. He took a look at my tsh of over 400 and said that there was no way that I was taking my medication. I have had hashimotos since I was 14 and I have ALWAYS taken my pill. I told him that at a previous hospital stay, the pharmacist there had messed up and only given me my Armour thyroid pill and not my Cytomel pill (the T-3 one). He told me that NO ONE puts a person on both Armour Thyroid and Cytomel at the same time because Armour has some T-3 in it. I told him to look at my swollen face. My eyes were literally about closed (this happens when your t-3 is depleted, come to find out).. He suggested that I see a psychologist. I have never been so pissed off at a man in my entire life.

Come to find out my T-3 was off the chart in a bad way,. After just a cuople of weeks, my facial swelling had gone down, not to mention the depression that always seems to go along with a low thyroid.

Anyway, sorry for the long story. Just wondered where he practiced just in case by some bad luck it's the same guy, I'd rather pull my toe-nails out with pliers than visit that quack again!

Thanks!