Anyone post TT have lymph nodes present?
I have had 3 ultrasounds (first one just routine) on my neck after my tt for thyca.  My doctor wated me to go six weeks after the first one because there was a lymph node showing up on the right side.  I waited six weeks and went again, it is still there.  I recently had the third ultrasound and now there are two and the original one has gotten a little bigger.  I know lymph nodes can show if you have a simple cold or toothache, so I know that's why he has had the tests repeated.  I am going hypo right now for my WBS and I guess I will find out if they are cancer if they show uptake.  He told me that if they didn't, he would have them biopsied.  He says he isn't that concerned about them- I think he is since he has had me do all of these tests.  Has this happened to anyone?  How did it turn out?  This has been one hel@ of a ride.
Does it look like cancer recurrence???
I had my thyroid and 9 lymph nodes out in March of '07 (papillary cancer) and went through RAI.  When I went for my bi yearly visit with my endocrinologist in December he found 8 lymph nodes but said he wasn't concerned with them.  Upon returning to him after I had my daughter they were still there.  Some got bigger and others appeared.  Last week I had a biopsy on three of the larger ones and they came back positive for cancer.  Next week I have a consult with the surgeon who preformed my thyroidectomy to discuss the surgery to remove the lymph nodes.  Hope all goes well with you and if you need to talk or anything just let me know, because I'm going through it.
Kristen :)