Are my thyroid nodules considered large at 4.7 and 4.1 cm ??
February 08 it was discovered during an MRI I had a 1.7 thyroid nodule on the right side. So for my physical in February 09 I just had an ultrasound to make sure it had not changed. Now it is 4.7 x 2.0 x 2.1 cm and now there is also one on the left side measuring 4.1 x 1.5 x 1.7 cm. I am going for a biopsy next week on the left, the right was already done Feb 08 and was benign. I am just wondering isn't this a rather large nodule? maybe not? Thanks, it was scaring me it got so big in a year.
Yes they are, any nodule larger then 1 cm should be investigated (that's what you're doing), but if the other one got bigger I think you should FNA it again (last was a year ago).
Yes - I understand how you feel!  Have a 4cm one myself--it grew 1 cm in 4 years and a 2 cm one disappeared in that time-----nods have a mind of their own!!  Have you had full thryoid blood profile taken?  Mine has caused hypo---my thyroid not fxcting as well so you really want to check that to lessen treatment decision complexity (ie full thyroid profile, vit d and iodine deficiencies checks). It's a b@tch that they don't really know what cause them but deficiencies and toxicity---(I'd throw in stress and adrenal fatigue in my case---adrenal function worth looking at too) are naughty conspirators for sure! Having more than one is thought statistically good.

http://www.aace.com/pub/pdf/guidelines/thyroid_nodules.pdf   - a good link to look at. : )
I guess than that is strange they never asked for any blood tests to be taken. Also I don't know why the right has increased in size so much plus why one on the left all of a sudden. I don't know why they don't biopsy both and just one. Guess I better investigate that. Plus you can see them now, my neck has a lump on both sides. I have a scar there now from anterior disc fusion with plate and screws, hope if they do something they don't hurt stuff already put inside. I hated the first biopsy, it was horrible and guy was not very friendly which made it all the worse. This time it is very close to home and done by another hospital. Thanks for in info people.