Thyroid Disorders Community
Armor Thyroid and UTI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Armor Thyroid and UTI

I have just recently switched to Armor and my mental fogginess has cleared and I would really like to give it a chance. But, I have developed a UTI!  I am prone to them but, I have read that Armor causes them!  I was put on an antibiotic that somewhat cleared up the symptoms, was told 7 days later the culture did not grow anything and now a week after that the symptoms are back again!  I don't want to give up on Armor because I do believe it is making me feel better?  also while taking the antibiotic I did get some Hyposymtoms raging back.
Tags: Thyroid, uti
I'm on Armour, so far so good, before I had my last increase I had palp. but I'm almost to my sixth week and i havn't notice any now, I'm very happy on Armour, I don't feel bloated, not constapated, good energy I'm really happy on Armour, give it a chance. Not sure what UTI is
a UTI is a urininary tract infection.  Beyond that I am feeling better...I had to go off of it because of that but, it hurts!
If UTIs are a problem you are already prone to, then regulating your hormones via thyroid medication could possibly have led to a flare-up. However, it seems more likely that it's a coincidence. Besides, if you are feeling good on the thyroid meds why give that up? If you are prone to UTIs I highly recommend taking some high-potency cranberry extract pills twice a day to keep your system in check. I'm sure you're already aware that drinking lots of water is also essential. A good resource for more info on UTIs and infections is Women's Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine by Tori Hudson.
Another option I forgot to mention is switching to another type of dessicated thyroid. I am on Naturethroid and it's done wonders for me.