Armor Thyroid and UTI
I have just recently switched to Armor and my mental fogginess has cleared and I would really like to give it a chance. But, I have developed a UTI!  I am prone to them but, I have read that Armor causes them!  I was put on an antibiotic that somewhat cleared up the symptoms, was told 7 days later the culture did not grow anything and now a week after that the symptoms are back again!  I don't want to give up on Armor because I do believe it is making me feel better?  also while taking the antibiotic I did get some Hyposymtoms raging back.
I'm on Armour, so far so good, before I had my last increase I had palp. but I'm almost to my sixth week and i havn't notice any now, I'm very happy on Armour, I don't feel bloated, not constapated, good energy I'm really happy on Armour, give it a chance. Not sure what UTI is
a UTI is a urininary tract infection.  Beyond that I am feeling better...I had to go off of it because of that but, it hurts!
If UTIs are a problem you are already prone to, then regulating your hormones via thyroid medication could possibly have led to a flare-up. However, it seems more likely that it's a coincidence. Besides, if you are feeling good on the thyroid meds why give that up? If you are prone to UTIs I highly recommend taking some high-potency cranberry extract pills twice a day to keep your system in check. I'm sure you're already aware that drinking lots of water is also essential. A good resource for more info on UTIs and infections is Women's Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine by Tori Hudson.
Another option I forgot to mention is switching to another type of dessicated thyroid. I am on Naturethroid and it's done wonders for me.