Thyroid Disorders Community
Armour thyroid vs. levothyroxine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Armour thyroid vs. levothyroxine

I had the right side of my thyroid removed on April 23rd of this year, the other side was removed in 2004.  I had a 2 milimeter lesion that was malignant  this time but it was so small that my Dr. told me I don;t have to have the radioactive iodine or anything done. I started with 112mgs of levothyroxine but I have too much pain on feet and arms, my arms weigh a lot, headaches and very low energy.  Some years ago I tried the Armour and I felt wonderful.
I weigh 182 and my height is 5ft. 6 inches tall.  I need to know how much Armour I have to take since I am going to start it next week.  Also if its true that I have to divide the dose and take it twice a day because it peaks in 4 hours.Should I test my TSH before changing to Armour?   Thank You   Ileana Tapia
Isn't your doctor prescribing your starter dose? What are thye suggesting?