Ativan and Thyroid Storm
Tags: drugs
Hello Dr Lupo I just got out of ICU  I ended up having a Thyroid Storm ,I Dr's thought I would not make it .but I did my Question to you is the Dr put me on Tapazole 40 mg 3 times a Day and I want to know do I still take the Propranolol  40 mg I think the Dr said yes and he will reduce it as times goes on ,he also have me Ativan when needed 7 mg what is this drug for ? do I really need to take this one also ,
if anyone has gone through a Thyroid Storm you really feel like you will die as I felt it was going to happen to me  I do
I  not remember all of it or what they did  but it feels like Death for sure
thanks for letting me join as I am new
here are me last 2 labs reports

TSH  0.05 ( 0.30-4.75P)
T4 Free 22.6 (9.9-23.8)
Free T3 10.2 (2.5 5.7 )

TSH 0.05 (0.30 - 4.75)
T4Free 26.8 ( 9.1 -23.8)
Free T3 11.4 (2.5 -5.7 )
I tested positive for Graves and am Hyperthyroid  do not yet have my last 2 lab reports yet
What caused me to go into to a thyroid Storm ?
Yes I was in thyroid storming in 2003 . I remember most of it and yes if you see my journal  Tittled I thought I was dying - I can relate.

Grave's causes many cases of hyper storming. and consider yourself as likely the put the correlation together. Most Doctors go right to a cardio Dx and ignore the thyroid being the culprit.

If you look at you Free T testing you listed you are totally out of whack with them.

I think with you levels your doctor may suggest to you RAI ablation. I don't see your situation being controlled with just medication - but I am not a doctor nor GOD to make that decision for you.