Autoimmune Hashimotos - now hyperthyroid
I'm really hoping Dr. Lupo can shed some light on this. I'm a 39 yr old female. I was put on Synthroid over a decade ago when routine pre-op bloodwork came back w/ a high TSH.  I did well on this for about 4 yrs, until I became sick with pneumonia.  That was 6 yrs ago and I have had this strange shortness of breath ever since.  It's gotten progressively worse.  Asthma and heart problems were ruled out by specialists.  During these past yrs, I was diagnosed with autoimmune thyroid - my Anti TPO is always around 50 and TSH always high.  I was noticing that I felt sicker (shortness of breath, brittle hair, hair falling out, palor, muscle weakness, falling/breaking bones) whenever I was ON thyroid medicine.  I'd stop and feel better, and my endocrinologist would yell at me.  So, I'd go back on.  I've tried them all - synthroid, cytomel/lev combo, and armour.  It's the same with all of them.  As time went on, I began having a lot of trouble with choking and swallowing food.  I'd choke at night when sleeping.  I noticed the thyroid meds made this worse too.  Then recently, things took a turn for the worse.  The choking became out of control and I couldn't eat solid food for 3 weeks.  I lost 30 lbs.  I told my regular dr. I thought it was the thyroid medicine, but she wouldn't entertain that thought.  So, I started seeing another doctor - I'm hyperthyroid.  My TSH is 0.03 off of thyroid meds for a month.  I can eat much better, but am still short of breath, shaky, and was put on Inderal for tachycardia for a week.  I'm off of that now, but still can barely walk or do anything because I'm so short of breath.  Whenever I talk, I get that choking feeling and have to excuse myself. My life has come to a complete stop because of this b/c I'm so out of breath all the time.  Something odd that also happened right as I got very sick a few mos ago was my FSH went from a 6.9 to 118.  All I know is that I'm very sick and not getting the help that I need.  The doctors I've seen don't seem to want to look outside of blood tests to determine what is going on with me.  Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.
I forgot to add that i have had multiple ultrasounds of the thyroid and they are negative for goiters.  The one report noted that the thyroid was unusually small, possibly indicative of thyroiditis.  The doctors didn't seem to think this was anything to be concerned about (despite my symptoms).  I am scheduled to have a ct of my pituitary because of the drastic change in my FSH over a few months time (per my OBGYN).