Thyroid Disorders Community
B12, B5 and heart palpitations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

B12, B5 and heart palpitations

I have noticed that if I take vitamin B12 I get anxiety and bad heart palpitations (makes me hyper) and with B5 I get only the heart palpitations. These feelings can last 1 - 2 days. Does anyone know why? Do they do something to T3?  

I don't think I ever got any reactions like this when I was on thyroxine.
I take B12 shots every 2 weeks and don't have a problem with heart palps.  I'm on both levothyroxine (T4) and cytomel (T3).  

What type of med are you on?  Maybe it's the med.  
I am on B12 (one a day) and get no probs either.
Though I will say one thing...I have had more energy once the B12 kicked in.
I have heart problems but no effects very an B vitamin.
shouldve read ....
I have heart problems but no effects any B vitamin.
In a rush here lol
im taking 1500 mcg/day B-12 but dont have any problem.
I take combination of Thyroxine and compounding T3 (slow release).

I read in another forum someone that took B12 and went hyper and had to stop taking armour for couple of days.

Today I feel pretty bad. I have diarrhea. Don't know what to do. I feel so frustrated that nothing is working for me. I wish I never listed to my endo about having a thyroidectomy!! it was the worst decision in my life. I regret it so much.  :'-(
I take 1000 mg of B12 under my tongue everyday and I don't notice any problems. I take Synthroid.  And I'm right there with you ttmoni9, thyroidectomy was the worst thing I've ever done too.  If I could do it all again I seriously would have considered living with cancer and taking my chances.  Or maybe a more "watch it closely" approach.  I've told everyone I know DON'T LET ANYONE EVER TAKE OUT YOUR THYROID!"
I took B12 and had bad anxiety & heart palps, that lasted a few hours.  Never took it again.  

But recently, I was advised to try mega B-100 complex, I take it 3 times a day, no anxiety/heart palps.  The brand is nature's plus.  

thats the same brand I take and have no problems.
Maybe the T3 dose is too high ??
Quick thought before I head off to work

MAybe the TR - T3 is too "steady" for you. It sounds crazy but maybe you are one that requires less at certain times of the day and the constant steady release is not right.

Or because of that theory - maybe you need to go through an adjustment that may take a bit to get accustom to the new way to inventing you hormones to work for your body.

Your B's really should not be an issue and I lean it's something to do w/ T3