Thyroid Disorders Community
Back Pain and Hypothyroidism?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Back Pain and Hypothyroidism?

Hi Everyone,

I was just recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have severe neck and lower  back pain that seems to change with my medication changes. Is this possible or am I crazy? Can the thyroid cause neck and back pain? Is it from inflammation of the cells and makes something that is bad in your body worse? All of my numbers are normal except for my reverse t3 which is high. I am only on 50 of synthroid and tried to add 5 of cytomel and had terrible heat problems. I also do not get regular cycles anymore and have not for 4 years now. Please help, I need to be out of pain! Thank you
Related Discussions
Right before I was diagnosed I also stoped regular cycles.  My TSH was only 6. but I had sever pain for 2 years. My FT3 and FT4 were both low. After being put on synthroid my reverse t3 also went really high.  I have been on synthoid for 2 1/2 years and I do have pain free times but other times it it horrible still... like tonight.  I know eating soy causes me pain. I had a lot of seafood this weekend and now I am wondering if something I ate caused my pain to return today... I have been pain free for weeks until today.  I also wish someone could explain what happens sometimes.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...