Bad reaction to synthroid
I am a 43 year old male recently diagnosed with hypo and high cohlesteral.  About 80 days ago I bean both synthroid 100mcg and vytorin 10/40.

I have had minor bouts of muscle twitching but over the past week they are becoming worse.  I also have signifigant arm pain starting in my shoulder down to my elbow and at times for-arm.  I have read that both drugs can cause muscle/joint pain as well as tremors.

I am becoming very scared and am afraid of ALS/MS.  I now have pain in both legs and both arms.  Pain seems to move around - I'm in so much pain and very scared!!!  I am sure I have created symptoms in my mind and am fight off a full blown anxiety attack.  Can my pain and tremors be related to the new drugs?

Please help, I am struggeling to keep it together.

David
Dave, have you been retested since you started synthroid 80 days ago?  If not, its time.
You might need a med. dose adjustment.  Symptoms could be from over or under medicated.
I guess you've heard by now Vytorin causes muscle pain (and worse) itself and most people have gone off it. I hope things are very different for you now, please let me hear what happened. Jane