Aa
A
A
Close
Bad reaction to synthroid
I am a 43 year old male recently diagnosed with hypo and high cohlesteral.  About 80 days ago I bean both synthroid 100mcg and vytorin 10/40.

I have had minor bouts of muscle twitching but over the past week they are becoming worse.  I also have signifigant arm pain starting in my shoulder down to my elbow and at times for-arm.  I have read that both drugs can cause muscle/joint pain as well as tremors.

I am becoming very scared and am afraid of ALS/MS.  I now have pain in both legs and both arms.  Pain seems to move around - I'm in so much pain and very scared!!!  I am sure I have created symptoms in my mind and am fight off a full blown anxiety attack.  Can my pain and tremors be related to the new drugs?

Please help, I am struggeling to keep it together.

David
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Dave, have you been retested since you started synthroid 80 days ago?  If not, its time.
You might need a med. dose adjustment.  Symptoms could be from over or under medicated.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
690549 tn?1288886321
I guess you've heard by now Vytorin causes muscle pain (and worse) itself and most people have gone off it. I hope things are very different for you now, please let me hear what happened. Jane
Comment
Cancel
690549 tn?1288886321
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
Top Thyroid Answerers
Blank
gimel