Bad taste - synthroid or I-131?
I had I-131 1.5 weeks ago.  Started Synthroid next day.  Since that time, I've had a bad taste in my mouth - even when eating, things taste off.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it from the I-131 or the Synthroid?
I get a more heartburn since starting the Synthroid but interestingly enough, the heartburn levels off a few weeks into the new increased strength.  Not sure on the I 131 side effects but that was my experience with the Synthroid.

C~  pap ca 1/07 .. synthroid 88mcgs  tsh 1.1 cancer supression
Yes! I had the same problem! I could not taste any food!
For a month after RAI. It will go away soon or later. Good luck.
The RaI affects your tastebud.Mine taste  has just now come back after my RAI back in March.it wil come back eventually for you .Hang in there.
Love Venora Moonwind.
I'm the odd one here...lol..for some reason (12 days after RAI) ..food started tasting better to me, maybe too good...lol..Maybe still try sucking on sour candy to keep stimulating saliva, and tatse buds. my dose was medium (17mc1, so it may have not been enough to effect taste/saliva too much...)
Good Luck
Yes.  

However I had my RAI almost 11 years ago.

Listerine doesn't even help!

Don't know if it is 131 1 or levoxyl related. Never connected the
two.

Doubt its meds. though.

Different taste on tongue, can relate to other different health issues as well.

GL
1.5 wks out with high dose for cancer and no tasting foods at all and I have had the metallic taste  on and off and just yesterday my tongue began getting so sore that I can hardly talk. It is not swollen or red it just hurts. I am a nurse and  trying to talk to my patients is a hoot! They give me lots of good times with it. Just wish it didn't hurt so much.
Glad to hear the taste does come back.
I have had the worst taste in my mouth for the last 4 days.. I started The ned 5 days ago, Mettalic taste best desribes it. I am fine with it now that I know I don't have a bad breath problem wich triggerd  search in the 1st place.lol..
I really thought I was not useing the right amount of toothpaste/mouthwash..
Thanks for all the input It is really halp full..
It's the RAI (I-131).  I lost all sense of taste for about 9 months.  Everyone I've known who has had RAI has also had a loss of the sense of taste, or their sense changed, for a while.  
Thanks, I was really getting nervous about not being able to taste anything.  I am 3 weeks out from High dose RAI for thyroid cancer, 2
+ months from thyroidectomy aand on synthroid, and I can not taste anything.  Glad to hear my sense of taste will come back -- unlike my thyroid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Felicia
I've been on synthroid since July and everything I eat has a metallic taste and things that I used to really like, don't even sound good anymore and some days I can barely stand to eat, yet I gain more weight almost every day.