Thyroid Disorders Community
Basal Temperature Readings??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Basal Temperature Readings??

Thanks Graveslady for the info

I took my temp last night (with basal thermometer) under armpit before I went to sleep and it was 96.34.  I took it this morning before I got out of bed and the temp reading was 97.5!!!!  

I am hoping that 97.5 is a good sign and that everything is getting back to normal.  

Can anyone tell me why it would be higher in the morning?  I thought it would have been higher at night??  

Since my temp was 97.5, does that mean I am back to functioning normal again or should it be closer to 98??  

Thanks so much for all of the help!!
Avatar n tn
The following is a method used by many of us to track temps...they must be taken 3 times daily, 3 hours apart only using a mercury thermometer (as these are more accurate). The average should be calculated per day to check progress. All info on website. It's a pain but it works.

http://www.drrind.com/tempgraph.asp#intro

Your afternoon temp should be stable at 98.6.