Thyroid Disorders Community
Best wishes for surgery Mor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Best wishes for surgery Mor

Hope all goes well for you tommarrow as you have your surgery. It is the 19th right??? I hope I remember it right! We will be thinking og you.
Lisa
Thoughts and strength are with you, be positive and give YOURSELF whatever time and healing you need.
Good Luck with your surgery...let us know how all goes...
You'll do great!!  Best wishes and please let us know just as soon as you get home.
Best of luck...my prayers and well wishes are with you.
I hope you have a very speedy recovery.  Let  us know how you are when you get a chance.
Thanks, guys. I've been getting everything done around home that I can so there's just coasting when I get home. I appreciate your good wishes more than I can say. I'll let you know how it goes....(and I expect it to go very well!)
Mor
Best wishes for super smooth surgery and quick recovery.  
I wish you a speedy recovery .. let us know when you get home how you are doing.  Will be thinking of you today!

Cheryl
Thank you, all, for your good wishes. Surgery went well and we're waiting on the pathology. Getting over the anasthesia was the worst part of it - there was nothing in me to throw up but I did it for hours, anyway. I'm alergic (allergic) to compazine, so they couldn't do anything for me. So delightful. Got home yesterday about noon and by evening felt pretty good. Ate a little ice cream! The parathyroids got it, so I'm on calcium until they recover. Nerves to the vocal cords got it, too, so I'm sounding either mysterious and whispery or like a sick frog. The bruising down my chest makes it look as though I'm wearing a particulary unattractive dickie. But all in all, I feel fine! Here's to good health!
Mor
Glad you made it thru surgery okay.  I had a reaction to anethesia too...hot flashes, difficulty breathing and nausea, but I never actually tossed cookies (thank God). I hear ya on the compazine. I went into anaphalatic (sp?) shock after taking compazine and ended up in intensive care overnight.  That was definitely one of the scariest times in my life. Did you have any tingling in your hands, mouth or feet due to low calcium?  I was diagosed with Graves Disease and found out after my TT that us GD people are more prone to hypocalcemia that others.  About 3 days after TT my calcium got so low that my hands started cramping. My surgeon put me on Oscal 500+D and Caltriciol after TT.  Now I'm just on the Caltriciol but have been taking Viactiv calcium supplements for extra calcium.

For now, just get plenty of rest, don't overdue things now that you're home and drink lots of water and if you feel tingling call you doctor ASAP!
Glad to hear you are home and everything went well!
Just remember to take it easy even if you are starting to feel good.  You will wear out really fast........I remember the second day hopping into the shower thinking I feel great then using every ounce of energy to dry off!!
Best of luck and will cross my fingers that pathology comes back with good news.
Lee
I dont understand why your anesthesiologists didnt have the little patch for behind your ear for the nausea and puking. Both of my surgeries last year I had the the patch and I never had any trouble.
Now if you have more surgery ,you ask for that nausea patch.It works great.

Mor glad to hear you are home and doing well.Rest and heal and I pray for a good pathology report for you .
Love Venora
glad to hear you are home and recovering. sorry to hear about cookie tossing...that stinks...rest...rest...rest...I go in for mine on Tues...getting a bit nervous