Thyroid Disorders Community
Better????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Better????

Hey guys and gals.  I am in a great mood today so I thought I would post since all I have ever posted was my troubles.  Its nice to be able to share a good day, especially lately!  I woke up with less of a "thyroid" feeling around my neck.  Guess that is good!!  Not too much tightness - could this be a sign that things are looking up?  OR - could this be a sign that I have finally gotten a chance to rest?  Either way, its great.  I live in central Louisiana and a storm hit our town last night. Woke up this a.m. in a rush to get everyone on their way just to be called (right out of the shower I might add) with a report that our 100 yr old pecan tree at the office was uprooted, missed the office (what a shame) but managed to tear down the power and telephone lines.  Oh well - school was still open so off I went to take my 6 yr old to school then to the office with my 3 year old (since the daycare was closed due to power outage there) to inspect our damage.  Turns out the tree not only ripped the power and telephone lines down, it ripped the boxes off of the side of our 101 year old building.  (repeat - oh darn, it missed the building - LOL!)  Needless to say, it was payday so I did payroll, forced my boss to sign the checks, and then Em and I were off for the rest of the day!! YEPPEEEE!  We washed the dog, went to the pet store for food (she loves to take our dog to the pet store), watched the fish and the birds for a while and went home to NAP.  God don't ya just love a good nap in the middle of the day!  I swear, nothing is better!

Anyway, feeling good today (note to self - self inspection of the thyroid indicates its still swollen and there, just not bugging you right now -- hahaha).  Anyway, wishing you all a restful evening!  :)  Maybe I should shut up and listen to the docs, maybe its just the "non-hashi itis" after all.
That's good news! Enjoy every day ... especially those that have time for a nap :))

- viv
Hi there, it's great to hear you are doing so good today!  Well done for posting and letting us know - gives hope all round :)
I live in the uk but I have an old farmhouse in SW France that we have been renovating and got a call from my cousin who lives in the next village nearby to say that they had a freak weather storm there last night with hailstones the size of small rocks!  He said there are acouple of dents on the roof of his car and so I am wondering what damage might have been done to the garden and all my plants there!  I have just planted a couple of old olive trees and some lemon trees - eek!
So just hought I'd let youknow there are storms over here in areas of Europe too - funny old weather for the time of year.................
regards Jacqui