Bio Identical Hormones
Dear Dr. Lupo,

I am hypothyroid and just diagnosed with Hashimoto's. I am 27 years old, female, and have always been active. I have been on synthroid and armour in the past, but in the last 6 months my symptoms had become unbearable and i was finding it almost impossible to function in my usual routine.
I recently saw a new doctor and he has put me on bio-identical T3 to see how I do.  He has also given me a bio-identical cortisol tablet because he said my adrenal glands were shot. I am beginning to feel better but I've been urged to get a second opinion. My weight has gone up 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks (before starting the new medication) and seems to be stable at the moment, which is nice-  but while I do worry about the weight, my main concern is making sure to look out for my overall health for now and the future. I am going to see an endo to get a second opinion and a thyroid scan, but wanted to ask you to weigh in on the topic of bio-identical hormone treatment for thyroiditis. I appreciate your time. Thanks!
Dr. Lupo answers questions on the "Ask a Doctor" thyroid forum.
You can find him here;

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/120

They only allow so many questions a day, so it may take several tries to get your question submitted.