Bleeding Thyroid cyst
I have a 3cm cyst on my l thyroid suddenly swelled its been a month no change we did the fna syringe filled with dark old blood the cyst refilled with fresh blood. dr says remove half my thyroid we livev in a small town i need a second opinion and on top of this i am uninsured - regardless is removal needed? my blood results are normal for hormone but the fna results are not in yet.

This discussion is related to Bleeding Thyroid Nodules.
It's possible that your doctor might be thinking that the cysts could become cancerous.
If you really want a second opinion and if you can try to get to a lager hospital with an endocrinology clinic and apply for their charity care or whatever program they have for those without insurance.
I to have no insurance and I was lucky enough to get approved for what they call in PA Medical Assistance, charity care in PA only pays for 1 bill and not the clinics I found that out the hard way. I’m originally from New Jersey and their charity care covers the clinics.
Good luck to you I wish you all the best
If FNA result will not show abnormal tissues, the PEI procedure can be attempted first before surgical removal. (Effective for nodules less then 2 cm)