Thyroid Disorders Community
Blue Toes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Blue Toes

For the last 2 years the tips of my big toe and the toe next to it on my left foot turn a very dark blue for what seems like no reason whatsoever.  The foot feels cold on the inside but not on the outside.  The skin hurts and turns very dry looking.  This happens in the summer as well as the winter.  Can you tell me what may be causing this?

I do smoke, but I eat as well as I can, more protein than carbs.  I use to workout at a gym but finances have stopped that.  

I haven't had my numbers checked in about 7 years because it seems like my doctor won't do it unless she's asked to, but the numbers were extremely good at the time.

Thank you
What has your doctor said about it? Could it be diabetes, neuropathy?

Get a doctor that will listen to you.
Google Raynaulds disease/syndrome and see if it fits.

Thats my uneducated cyber guess (its an autoimmune disorder that I have found listed as a risk factor when diagnosising thyroid issues)

I have it...most annoying.

peace be the journey

Paja