Borderline low TSh
My results have been  June 2006 TSH .46, October 2006 .82 April 2007 .57 and now Jan 2008 .30
my FT4 is 14 regularly. It says repeat test in 608 weeks and suggest repeat with Free T4 and Free T3 what does this mean and how is it associated with TSH.
What can I do to improve my Thyroid Function and what can be causing this no one else in my family has this condition.
The TSH and t4 have an inverse relationship. The pituitary secretes TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) according to how much t4 the thyroid is making.

So, in your case, a higher secretion of t4 will tell the pituitary to send out less TSH.
T4 is converted to t3 in the bodily tissues. T3 is the more active hormone.

Testing the free t3 is especially important in following possible hyperthyroidism. The free t3 would be too high (free t4, too) in hyperthyroidism.

What is the reference range for the free t4 your lab goes by. Do you have symptoms?

Have antibodies tested to see if it is caused by an autoimmune process- the most common type of thyroid disease.

I would not take any thyroid supplements. Just take care of your health otherwise with a good multi.
Thanks for the reply
my Diangnostic's use the following quide:
tsh (mU/L) (0.40  - 4.00) FT (pmol/L) (10.20) Ft3  (pmol/L) (no ref) as it was not tested on this test
I have all the other test run from blood sample and was only little low in Iron (hereditary) and my colosterol is up slightly. My blood pressure etc is perfect.
I am being retested in 6 weeks so I am going to take kelp for those weeks leading up and see what it does. The other thing I did was to take my temperature every morning for 5 days and it was normal (one of the things recommended by a thyriod paper I read). I am avoiding brocolli and other things that I have been told effects thyriod including fluoride and chloride as blockers.
But I do feel tired after I finish work and I have noticed a bit decline in my eye sight in one eye but I had my eyes tested and they didn't seemed to worried.