Breathing Problems related to hyperthyroidism
I am wondering if anyone has severe breathing problems associated with their hyperthyroid. I have really bad problems breathing, I gasp a lot. When I am able to take a deep breath it seems to catch halfway. I am just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they know what caused it.
You should see a doctor if you have an undiagnosed problem with your breathing
I dont have that bad of a breathing problem,but i do have shortness of breath.
I do too..and usually right afterwards, my heart races.  I didn't realize it was so bad until a co-worker asked me if I was okay and I said, "yes, its just part of my thyroid issues."

My endocrinologist said it should get less noticeable with treatment.
I'm Hyperthyroid and slo have trouble breathing sometimes but most of the time i'm ok..good luck to you.
Can anyone describe the breathing issue of hyperthyroidism.  I'm finding it extremely distressing.  How long did it take to get it under control?
Just saw a great article on air hunger and hypothyroidism:

http://www.drlowe.com/jcl/comentry/breathingproblems.htm

I have had shortness of breath for over a year since RAI therapy and based on this article and what my next blood test shows I will see how my T3 level is doing and possibly ask for Cytomel as a supplement.
I was diagnosed hypo this past spring and certainly had shortness of breath issues....
They have mostly subsided though but I don't know exactly why. It would be for one of tow reasons though; There are a lot of hypo folks that are vitamin B12 deficient (I was one of them) and this can cause breathing issues; have you had yours checked? And there are reports of breathing issues with hypothyroidism. So there you go....It was a little scary for me when I couldn't get my breath for no reason but just to let you know that is gone now. Good Luck!
Hi, my daughter has no gland and had breathing issues (Out of breath w/very little exercise) and PVC's in her heart while on Synthroid only. Her free t4 was very high and her t3 was very low at the time that this was going on . She was having conversion issues. We switched her to dessicated 6 months ago which has lots of t3 and t4 and t2 and t1 and calcitonan and selinium in it. She has had no PVC's or breathing issues since!  (on NATURETHROID now, better than Armour's new formula ) She is doing great