Thyroid Disorders Community
Bruising...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Bruising...

Hey fellow thyroid friends...

It's been 3 weeks on senthroid and i'm more consistently feeling hypo symptoms.. I have come down from the hyper stage of the "med adjustment" and now like i said I'm more hypo every day.. I go back to the endo on Oct 30th for blood work and i'm sure i'll need to get a bump on my senthroid but i noticed recently that i'm bruising a lot more??? is that from being hypo or is there another issue going on? isn't there some vitamin defeciency that can cause that? if it is what other symptoms may i experience? I don't remember the easy bruising before? how does it tie into hypothyroidism? I'm sure there is some kind of connection..

Thanks in advance for the help...

Bruising is not related to thyroid.  I would get the dr to check for anaemia at least, which can contribute. B12 and Iron levels.

Good that you are going back to Dr. by Oct 30th.  Do you get the tests done before you see him?

Hang in there.  IT is a bit of a road getting things adjusted.... and you're just at the beginning of it.

Best wishes
Bruising is associated with Graves/Hashimoto's. See link:
http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/abstract/94/1/27

I get bruising all the time.

People with Hashi and Graves can get B12 deficiency which will cause bruising. See below link:
http://www.allthyroid.org/disorders/related/anemia.html

:) Tamra
It must have been the fish oil pills "eekkk" I didn't put it together until tonight and read the bottle that it can cause that, terrific.... I had just started taking it a few weeks ago and started getting the bruising, I stopped taking it and the bruises are gone.... Figures you try and take care of yourself and create other issues bahhh...