COLLOID ADENOMATUOS GOITER
THE BIOPSY RESULT IS COLLOID ADENOMATOUS GOITER 8 SMEARS-SHOW REGULAR FOLLICULAR CELLS WITH FEW HISTIOCYTES IN A HEMORRHAGIC BACKGROUND  WITH COLLOID.THERE ARE NO TYPICAL CELLS.

THE ULTRASOUND RESULT IS MULTINODULAR THYROID GLAND WOTH A DOMINANT SOLID NODULE IN THE LEFT LOBE.

No symtoms of cough, swelling or difficulty in swallowing..
QUESTIONS:

1. Is there a medicine to treat this kind of goiter?
2.I know that surgery is a common treatment but I really want to know if there are medicines that could help.
3.I read about the Beta Blockers drugs..what is it all about?

Thanks.

This discussion is related to Thyroid Ultrasound Results.
The biopsy indicated intranodular bleeding in the largest nodule;
Beta blockers are commonly used to treat high blood pressure and cardiac disfunctions.
The treatment depends of the thyroid function; hyper or hypothyroidism; so far no consensus is obtained how to treat goiter in patient with normal thyroid levels, especially if goiter has nodules. If no compressive symptoms are present, the observation is usually selected. Large cysts are aspirated and /or treated with PEI.