CT scan bad for the thyroid
It seems I read somewhere that ct scans were bad for the thyroid, anyone else heard this?
If you have a CT scan with contrast dye, the contrast dye often has a high iodine content.

The contrast dye can mess up your levels, especially if you are hyper already.

There is another type of contrast dye you can be given, I think.

That's the way I understand it, although I may be mistaken.
Hey TX - check out treimol's (think I spelled that wrong but she is one of my friends so look on my profile under the notes section.  She is a pic of butterfly on a flower) rant on CT scan.  She went to oncology doc (head of oncology) and BEFORE he gave her RAI after thyroid cancer dx, he wanted a CT scan for any suspicious areas!!!!!!  OMG - you know that after the LID diet leading up to RAI, she could no longer get RAI because of the CT he ordered. Now she waits until September or October to try to do RAI again!  Stupid docs!!!

Also, I have heard they cannot do an Uptake scan after CT for some amount of time, but I am not sure on that one.
Hey there, AR!

Quick question:  Can the RAI pill they give you for the uptake scan mess up your levels as well, and if so, for how long??  Thanks!!!!
My gp is ordering th ct scan of my brain because I am having some one sided tingling and very very very slight numbness on my face. What all should find out before I elect to have this done?
My endo told me that he likes to wait at least 6 weeks after a CT scan with contrast do to RAI.  Some are more conservative and will make you wait 3-4 months.

There are *many* medical procedures that use iodine yet they don't always tell us that.  I'm having a procedure next week that, just because I checked it out on line, I found uses iodine which is going to make me have to wait a few months for RAI.

I'm about ready to tattoo it on my forhead - "warn me if you are giving me iodine"!
Oh great. I've had tons of CT scans these last few years. I wish they would have warned me about any dangers associated with it.