CT to results are in ..... but they won't give them and they won't fax
Called the surgeon's office that ordered the CT. My surgeon is out of town, but the nursed ordered the CT yesterday for me and told me she'd call with the results today.  I called her this a.m. to let her know where I'd be and she said they got the results yesterday, right at closing.  I asked her the results and she said she could not tell me and that the other partner in the office looked at it (several pages is what she said) and that he instructed her to send the results over to the ENT that referred me to the surgeon since my surgeon (we'll call him Dr. C) was out of town.  CAN YOU SAY FREAKED OUT!!!! SEVERAL PAGES LONG AND THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME THE RESULTS!!!

So, called the ENT, spoke to a really nice lady at first who said she'd find it and get right back to me.

Another nurse from the ENT called back about 10 min later to inform that the ENT had 'RELEASED ME AS A PATIENT TO THE CARE OF DR. C" so they could not and would not give me my results although they referred me to Dr. C and Dr. C was out of town.

WHAT THE CR@P!~

Called Dr. C's office back and told her and she says the partner will be in between 1-2 and she will get him to interpret and get back to me.  Once they "tell me"  they can fax my results to me.

What do you think?
My report was a few pages too and it came back fine. Most Drs give results... not the RN. I wouldnt sweat it too much. Dont be suprised if you dont get results until Dr is back in town...MK
Thanks MK :)  Trying not to storm over to the ENT and KILL HIM with my bear hands.  BTW ... kids are no longer going there either.  I LOVE THE SURGEON (still hoping he does not have to cut me) and I realize that they have protocol at their office.  So, not made at her.  Ticked that a doctor can 'release" a patient without informing the patient.
I mean't to say was not mad at the surgeon's nurse.......  and Ticked that the ENT can "release"........

Stressed and cannot type anymore.
Looks like you are hung up in a privacy act tug of war .....

LET US KNOW the results when you get them and insist that the covering Dr. tell you.  This is not fair for you, the patient.

Hang tight........the waiting is the hardes part,

C~
Hang in there, sweetie.  Others are right, this is a privacy act issue.  My OB's office refuses to give test results over the phone and always makes you come in person or sign a release to have it mailed to you.  I know that waiting is the hardest part, but try not to worry too much.  All procedure reports are a few pages long!  You should have seen my surgery record report!  Let us know what you find out!