Thyroid Disorders Community
Can Hypothyroid Turn Into Hyperthyroid?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can Hypothyroid Turn Into Hyperthyroid?

Hello Everyone, new here, I am 29 year old female, Mother of 2, no complications whatsoever. My question is..I was diagnosed hypothyroid at age 19 (precancerous cells found on gland) I had a partial thyroidectomy and was on 0.05 mg of synthroid on and off after the surgery due to lack of funds, doctors, time and health insurance. When I got pregnant with my first child, I was put on the same dosage and took it throughout, after she was born, I couldn't be on my meds, anymore for the same reasons listed above.

When I got pregnant a 2nd time with my Son, they said I didn't need the meds. I haven't been on my meds for well over 4 years and haven't been to any doctor. What are the symptoms of hyperthyroid and would I have it seeing as how I am losing alot of weight rapidly. I have cut out ALOT of junk food and keep it under about 800 cals a day, I am 5'6 and currently at 155-160 pounds. When I have been eating more regularly, I haven't really gained much. My overall question is if semi-untreated hypothyroid can become hyperthyroid or what? Please don't tell me anything about Doctor's, I'm working on it, but it's hard b/c i'm watching my newly diagnosed Type1 Diabetic (connection between that and my taking of synthroid when I was pregnant with her?) Daughter and finding her a Doctor and all that.  I like, JUST got health insurance (back to 500-800 cals a day wether I like it or not). Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks and have a great day!!