Thyroid Disorders Community
Can Hypothyroidism and Kidney stones be related?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I was diagnosed in 2001 with hypothyroidism and have been on synthroid ever since. I also have IBS and take Lomotil. I recently passed several kidney stones the size of erasers and went to the urologist today and had a scan that revealed many more in both kidneys. I am going back next week to follow up and have more tests. I wanted to know if there could be a relation between the Hypothyroid and kidney stones. I have had numerous odd things that I am convinced are in relation to my thyroid such as; anemia( Ablation performed 2007)& heart palpatations. It seems that everything I get has a link to my thyroid so I was wondering if this is as well. I have never seen an endocrologist and maybe that is what I need.

Thanks,
Kim

This discussion is related to Kidney Stones, Elevated Serum Calcium . . . parathyroid?.