Thyroid Disorders Community
Can hormone imbalance cause hyperthyroidism?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can hormone imbalance cause hyperthyroidism?

I went off the depo provera shot in dec.   Didn't use any other hormone replacement therapy.  Jan - May had increasing PMS symptoms but in may a new one  heart racing / palpitation feelings which became worse the day of my cycle.  I was very short of breath  I would walk 10 feet   and my HR 120 I'd feel dizzy my Bp 160/98 with those few steps.  sitting down Bp 140/95 and short of breath.  Next day Ekg sinus tach 108.  Dr. said don't worry about it come back in 2 weeks and we'll recheck BP.  I felt like I needed hospitalization  I asked out of desperation for the depo shot in case this was "hormonal"  4hours after the shot I felt like a new person BP 120/80  no SOB.  The symptoms remaing were increased energy and  heart that felt like it was pounding a little too hard.  one week later SOB  hands and feet cold heart racing put me on ativan and said it's panic  attacks.  5 weeks after all this I asked to have thyroid levels.  which appartently are normal TSH 2.01   free t4    1.3    free  t3  2.9   Since this started I've lost 15 pounds now 6 weeks without trying.  6-8 bm /day loose  pulse still goes fast my hands shake I do feel nervous , I could stay up all night .   I don't know if I should pursue more thyroid testing go to and endocrinologist instead of family practice?   I'm 39  Any suggestions? I used to feel hypothyroid tired all the time cold hands and feet now I'm like the exact opposite can't stand to be hot  off coffee and chocolate since this began.