Thyroid Disorders Community
Can horrid pain in my neck be caused by my thyroid cysts?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I have been having gradually increasing pain in my neck, to where it is now unbearable. I can stay upright for 2 hours in the morning and then I am fighting the pain constantly for the remainder of the day. I went to a spine doctor, along with massage therapy and even an acupuncturist, with the ortho doing an mri. He found my thyroid was enlarged with 3 cysts on there. I obviously have all the symptoms for hypothyroidism and go to the md today, but can the thyroid cause so much pain? Could the cyst be pressing on nerves in the neck and making me think my neck was messed up?