Thyroid Disorders Community
Can you help me understand?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Can you help me understand?

I have a history of hyperthyroid, celiac, and unexplained nighttime seizures.  My wonderful endocrinologist has left the area and I have noone to whom I can talk and who I have faith in their answers.  So far I am just getting the brush off.
Before my hyperthyroid was diagnosed, my bilirubin was steady (but hi) at 1.8.  For the next 3 years, while being treated for hyperthyroid, it dropped to normal range. I have been off treatment for hyperthyroid for about 18 months.My bilirubin was recently measured at 2.2 (hi)

Hyperthyroid was diagnosed in the beginning of 2008. That summer I also started allergy shots.  Seizures started about 9 months after hyperthyroid was diagnosed.  I stopped allergy shots in case there was a connection.  Celiac was diagnosed about the time of the first seizure, but no connection was made.
I started allergy shots again in late 2009.  The next seizure came a few months after that and several occurred that winter. In the winter of 2010-2011 I had repeated seizures. and stopped the shots in May 2010.  No shots, no seizures until the last week of December 2011 I had a flu shot.  I had a seizure just over a week later.

My seizures tend to occur in the colder months.

Blood tests now show
T Bilirubin      2.2    H   (0.1-1.5 is normal from my lab)
MPV             11.3   H  (7.4-10.4 normal)
TSH               0.337 L  (0.380 - 4.710 Normal)

Anybody have any ideas what I should ask my doctor and where I should go to get some answers?
Normal platelet count with high MPV is seen in hyperthyroidism or chronic myeloid leukemia. Obviously hyperthyroidism. :)

An isolated elevation of unconjugated bilirubin (elevated total bilirubin with normal direct bilirubin) is seen in Gilbert syndrome (most common), haemolysis and megaloblastic anaemia.  High levels of total and direct bilirubin are seen with hepatocellular disease or biliary disease.  

Of these conditions, Gilbert's Syndrome does look more likely since your bilirubin levels dropped back to normal when treated for hyperthyroidism. In Gilbert's Syndrome, bilirubin levels can rise if the diet is poor, if you fast, if you have an illness or if the body is under stress.

In winter, vitamin D levels drop as does serotonin levels.  I had a look online and came across an interesting article entitled "Seasonal Seizures?" on the DogtorJ website. This article mentions 95 - 98% of the body's serotonin is produced by the enterochromaffin cells of the intestinal tract which can be and are often damaged severely in the food intolerance disease processes such as celiac's disease.
Thank you for your help Red_Star!  This is my forst time using this forum, and I am impressed with the information  - the COMPREHENSIVE information-  that you have provided.  I've been to the DogtorJ site and think he has wonderful info for people who are looking for a Celiac/food issues diet.  I had forgotten that he supplied so much more info.  
Thank you once again.  You have certainly given me several starting points for research.