Cant gain weight..possible thyroid problem??
I was wondering if I might have a hyperactive thryroid...im 30 years old and a very hard time putting on weight...im 140-145 still til this day...ive always been skinny no matter how much i eat and i eat alot..Ive always been very active but not lately and have always had a hard time putting on weight because i burn it all, id figure id put some weight on as i got older but nope still the same...about 4-5 years i did blood work and my DR had said that my thyroid is borderline and he had told me to come back n check it again to make sure and if it was the same then maybe he would have to put me on meds to regulate it...is it possible that the reason why i cant get gain weight even at almost 30 years is because i have a thyroid problem??
It is possible.  Have you any other symptoms that might be related to being hyper?  You should go back and as a start,  request that the doctor at least test  for free T3 and free T4 (not total T3 and total T4), along with TSH.   These tests will give you an idea of whether it is thyroid related and then you can proceed from there.
what are the main symptoms of having and overactive thyroid?...i dont lose weight because ive alway been skinny...I am tired alot but thats because i work nights and my sleep schedule is out of wack
Here's a checklist for hyper.  
http://www.thyroid-info.com/hyperchklst.htm