Thyroid Disorders Community
Cant gain weight..possible thyroid problem??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I was wondering if I might have a hyperactive thryroid...im 30 years old and a very hard time putting on weight...im 140-145 still til this day...ive always been skinny no matter how much i eat and i eat alot..Ive always been very active but not lately and have always had a hard time putting on weight because i burn it all, id figure id put some weight on as i got older but nope still the same...about 4-5 years i did blood work and my DR had said that my thyroid is borderline and he had told me to come back n check it again to make sure and if it was the same then maybe he would have to put me on meds to regulate it...is it possible that the reason why i cant get gain weight even at almost 30 years is because i have a thyroid problem??
Sure it is possible.  Suggest that you request testing for free T3 and free T4 (not total T3 and total T4), along with TSH, as start.  If those show hyper indications then you might need to go further and determine possible causes.  When you get test results, please get a copy and post results and reference ranges so that members can help interpret.  The doctor is required to provide a copy upon your request.