Thyroid Disorders Community
Chances of getting Pregnant with Graves Disease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I’ve just been diagnosed with graves disease and started taking  Neomercazole. Thing is I’ll be 42 soon and have been trying to get pregnant the last 6months.I’m supposed to be having RAI but I’m reluctant as then I’ll have to wait a year before I can start trying again .
My big fear is not been able to get pregnant after as that will throw me into 43 to 44 bracket and the fear of become infertile all together. My gut feeling is to put of the RAI and just see if the meds get me up to speed to help me fall pregnant and then just put the RAI on hold altogether. So I’m just wondering
1.Has anyone found it easier or is it possible to fall pregga’s whilst on meds with graves disease!!!
2.Or does RAI increase my chances of been able to conceive and I’m better of putting bubba on hold!!!
Please some advice anyone=)