Thyroid Disorders Community
Chest pain with Amour - how long does it last?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chest pain with Amour - how long does it last?

I was finally diagnosed with Hashi's last October. I'm 44 and have been having symptoms going back at least 8 years when I had hyper attacks - chest pain. At the time the ER said nothing was wrong with my heart, didn't know what the cause was, etc.....

Found a good endo and started Amour at 30g with a schedule to work up. I was doing 2 grains twice a days for 2-3 weeks and we agreed to try 150/120. After a couple of days I got bad chest pain and stopped all Amour. Looking back I think I was overmedicated at the 2 grains - my brain fog was back, I was hot and having "heat waves." The second day off I started having hypo symptoms and went back and forth between hyper & hypo - discomfort in the throat and definitely felt some "bursts" from having more of my gland destroyed. But after 5 days I felt pretty good.

Dr. told me to resume Amour at 90 twice a day. This time after three days I got chest pain again, stopped all Amour. Didn't feel bad until the fourth day, and I've been having chest pain again since then. Just walking normally will trigger - anything that raises my heart rate. I don't have a raised heartrate, and I have cold tingling feet, aching joints again -- but also have some hyper things going on, too (trouble sleeping, etc.)

While I'm waiting for a call back afterhours from my Dr. (of course this happens over a long holiday weekend), has anyone had this happen and how long does it take to get the extra hormone from your system? I'm at the end of my rope.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
649848_tn?1357751184
What are your latest labs looking like?  You aren't just raising/lowering your dosage based on symptoms, are you?  Some symptoms can "cross over" and apply to either hyper or hypo, such as trouble sleeping.  I had a horrible time sleeping when I was really hypo.

Please clarify:  you're taking 90 mg Armour, twice/day?  For a total of 180 mg?  

Please post whatever current thyroid labs you have and be sure to include reference ranges, since those vary lab to lab and must come from your own report.
Blank
215461_tn?1331866365
I have constant chest pains that they have yet to figure out what it is from.  I had my thyroid removed a year ago.  With chest pains though, you have to make sure everything is thoroughly tested.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank