Thyroid Disorders Community
Cold Nodule
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cold Nodule

Hi all! My name is Andrew and I am a 24 year old male. Besides the problems I'm about to describe, I am in excellent health and I work out on a regular basis. Anyways, here goes: about three years ago, I started experiencing acute heat intolerance and I would break into a sweat if the temperature went about 70 degrees. I went to the doctor and he found that I had a small nodule on my thyroid which, after an uptake test, was diagnosed as "cold". Nothing was done after that diagnosis and my heat intolerance has been getting worse and I have a constant feeling of restlessness and have trouble sleeping. I recently went back to the doctor (a different one) and he performed various thyroid and hormone tests and all the results came back normal. However, my thyroid nodule has grown in size and a fine needle aspiration came back with "indeterminable" results. As a result, I am scheduled to have surgery in two weeks to have the nodule removed. However, my doctor told me that because all of my blood tests came back normal, that this nodule has nothing to do with my symptoms (heat intolerance, sleeping problems, etc). Is this absolutely true? Does anyone have any other information? I'm also going to see a neurologist in a few days to do a head scan to see if maybe there is a problem with my hypothalamus.

Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!