Thyroid Disorders Community
Concerned spouse - anger issues - thyroid related?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Concerned spouse - anger issues - thyroid related?

My husband had a thyroid operatin last year and they removed part of the thyroid.  He had no treatments after
the operatin.   Was told to only take 1 calcium pill a day.  His mood was terrible right after the operation but the past 8 months he has been fine. For the past 2 weeks he started again with violent mood swings.  Can this personality change have anything to do with the thyroid?  He's starting to scare me.

Thanks, Myrna
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Hi Myrna,

Perhaps he should get his TSH bloodwork levels checked.  Did they ever check them after the surgery?  20% of those who have had a partial never regain full function of the intact side.   It's possible his labs are wayyyy off and that can contribute to hypo symptms but not being a doctor, I cannot say with any certainty if anger is a part of that but everybody is different and I'd have ck'd out by a doc for sure.

WELCOME to our community.

Did he take the calcium bcz his parathyroids were not right?

May I ask why he had the partial?

Blank
499534_tn?1328707778
I know that when my thyroid levels are off I tend to get moody and short tempered.
He needs to have his thyroid labs done: TSH, Free T4 and Free T3. All 3 of these tests are very important.
Welcome to the community!! :)
Blank
When I was symptomatic with Hashi's, I was irritable and short tempered most of the time, I don't know if it was the stress from the Insomnia that it caused or Frustration from the Depression and the "Brain Fog"
although after I started taking Vitamin B Complex and a sleep aid, My mood did improve a lot. I would also have the Vitamin levels checked, it seems that many thyroid sufferers have Vitamin deficiency issues. Good Luck FTB4
Blank
393685_tn?1325870933
Thyroid disease can mock bipolar symptoms totally. Mood stability is a hard one to get under control.

Vit D depletion is also a biggy too with thyroid. Vit D is the "happy hormone".
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank