Thyroid Disorders Community
Congential Hypothryoidism and Synthyroid
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Congential Hypothryoidism and Synthyroid

My daughter was dignosed with Congential Hypothryoidism.   She was prescribed Synthryroid immediately.   Here levels were in the Super high range.    

She is now 6 years old.

In 2011 March her T4 was at 111.  I do appolgize I am not a doctor that was the number however.   The doctor was alarmed. Threatened to call defacs on my ex wife.   My ex wife is a neonatial RN.   I had left all of my daughters medication, and sorts up to her.   I had never given my daughter her medication even though I was keeping her well over half the month and 3 days or longer in some cases at a time.  

Her endocrinologist gives my ex 1 1/2 month to get the levels down and she gets it to 9.   Which was satisfactory to him.    However he notes it was still high and wanted it more around 3.    

Come September 2012.   My daughter while in my care recives a Bruise.   No idea how, behing that she is a very active girl, just started playing soccer, and runs hard with the boys.   I am charged with Cruelty to children.   Please note the following.

7/25/2012  My ex picks up 30 pills of synthyroid from my the pharmcy.   I still never ever give her the medication.  She states it is okay to give my daughter 3 or 4 pills to make up for the missed medication.  

9/1/2012  my ex picks up 4 pills from the pharamcy.  My daughters medication refills had expired.   She never contacted the Doctor to get more.   9/11/2012  My daugther has a bruises, appearing on her back, leg and butt.   I'm charged with a crime.    

Its my belief my daughter bruises easily.   She is active.  Hasn't gotten her medication, in some cases has been over dosed with medicaiton for 6 years of her life.  She had only gained 1 lb in a year.   Her growth chart was slowing.   The peditiarian my ex took my daughter to, did no blood work, even though throughout her record says NON compliant with Endocrinolist.   He simply asked what happened and she stated "my father spanked me"  with what, "a belt"   I was then charged with Cruelty to children.    I brought up to DEFCS the medical problems, and investigators.   My daugther was finially checked after my insistance and my ex missing apointments nearly 2 months later and her levels were 3.    

Also note that on August 23, 2012  I had filed for a Change of Custody to gain custdy of my children.   My daughter does not call me "father"  she calls me Daddy.  

My question is,  could a child, who's not getting her medication regularly, and being OD'ed on synthroid, with sever hypothroidism Bruise Easily?     I've been doing a lot of research especially after I read her medical records, however I can't find any expert opinion.   This is my first ever post.  

Thanks  
We would need the reference ranges provided to comment on thyroid levels, we are a thyroid patient community forum who share advice and experiences with each other and would be glad to give advice or comment on your daughters condition, although we would not have any input as to any liability, family struggles or any things of that nature, our comments or opinions would be based on your daughters sickness only. If you have her full labs including ranges please post and we would be happy to help if we can  Best Regards FTB4
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...