Thyroid Disorders Community
Could i have a problem with my thyroid? please help, i am very confused...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Could i have a problem with my thyroid? please help, i am very confused.

To give you some backgound information-- i am a 22 year old female. I have always been generally healthy until 2008 when i got pregnant for the first time. I went into preterm labor at 20 weeks. Doctors were unable to stop my labor after many different meds and lying upside down in a bed for days. My water broke on the second day in L&D and my son died shortly after he was born. Because this was my first loss doctors were honestly not too concerned. My pathology report showed a severe infection, a bleed around the placenta & i also hemorrhaged. I was told this was probably "bad luck" and to try again. 8 months later, i got pregnant. I miscarried when I was 5 weeks pregnant. My husband and I decided to try one more time. I got pregnant for the 3rd time in August of 2009. I was followed very closely by a maternal fetal specialist and a high risk OB with hopes that if anything went wrong, they would catch it. When i was 16 weeks pregnant, I went into labor just like I did with my son only i was not quite as far a long. Doctors were unable to stop my labor and my daughter died. I had no infections and the only problem the pathology report showed was a 2 vessel umbilical cord.

Finally, after my 3rd loss my doctors decided it was time to investigate. At first, everyone thought lupus. I have severe back pain and muscle pain. Joint pain in my wrists, knees and hips. my joints in my hands become inflamed and very red, this happens at random. I get diarrhea frequently and stomach aches, no matter what i eat. I also get tired very easily, get dizzy and get head aches often. I have dry mouth that happens randomly and it some times so bad that i can't talk. I now have two cavities (which i haven't had one in over 10 years) and have been dealing with what my doctor calls tonsil stones (having food get stuck in my tonsils and then it basically rots.) Sex has also become very painful and just not enjoyable at all. All of these symptoms seem to have crept up on me after becoming pregnant and after my 3rd pregnancy they have gotten so bad that i can not ignore them anymore. I have also noticed that it seems like i am losing more hair than usual. When i brush my hair a lot more than usual is coming out and it just feels very thin.

I have had many blood test done. The reason i am posting here is because I had my TSH levels test about a year ago. I was recently talking to someone about my blood tests and when i said my TSH levels came back as a 0.31 she said that seemed awfully low to her.

I have done some research and i am only more confused. I have found some sites that say my level is abnormal and some that say it is normal.

Please help.. is this normal or not? Is there any other tests related to this i should ask my doctor for??  
oh, i forgot to mention.. The SSB antibody associated with sjorgrens syndrome was found in the blood and i have been seeing a rhematologist. This would explain the dry mouth and oral symptoms but i have not been diagnosed yet.