Thyroid Disorders Community
Could these symptoms be thyroid related?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could these symptoms be thyroid related?

I have had many of the typical hypothyroid symptoms for years (fatigue, cold, dry skin, etc.).  I was always told my TSH was normal therefore my thyroid function was normal.  I noticed my neck enlarging over the past several years but just thought I was getting a fat neck due to some weight gain.  My TSH labs have always been in the high normal range.  I was finally officially diagnosed with a goiter (visible now) and have an US and Endo appt. coming up soon.  Because of this site I asked my GP to do an antibody test and theTPO came back high 360 with normal being <120.  My question is this.  For about 3 years I have suffered from chronic sore throat, cough, and chest pain (like someone standing on my chest).  I work with children and thought I was just always catching whatever germs were always going around.  The chest pain I have had evaluated and everything comes back normal.  I am wondering if these symptoms could be related to my thyroid?  Has anyone else experienced this?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
698356_tn?1240154327
Could it be allergies? I've read that thyroid conditions cause a lower immune system, which makes allergies rougher.
Blank
676032_tn?1315677663
Iv a constant trobbing pain in my throat, don't know if I have hashimotos but waiting on test results to come back! I did get chest pain when I breath in but I dono why either. I am very symptomatic with a TSH of 6.5. I dono if this is any help but Id say it is down to the thyroid.... I just want to know how the he// to get over it and live a normal life! Do you suffer anxiety from the hashimotos??
Blank
Allergies...hmmm.  I have had a drippy nose too.  Could be.
Blank
I don't have high anxiety but I have always been somewhat of a worrier.  I am getting frustrated because after all my cardio and GI tests were normal...everyone is telling me it must be stress.  I am not a stressed out person...I am actually very mellow.
Blank
676032_tn?1315677663
I personallt think its down to the thyroid! Im suffering bad with all sorts of symptoms, anxiety being the WORST! Id trade it for all the physical symptoms in the world!!! A thyroid means your immune system is low so you could get a cough or flu often!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...