Thyroid Disorders Community
Could this be my thyroid? WEIRD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Could this be my thyroid? WEIRD

occasional ringing in ears, always clogged ears, constant ear, nose and throat pain, crazy panic attacks(all the time!), racing heart, always tired, feet go to sleep easy, headaches almost everyday, visions gotten worse, sometimes I wake up in the night with sweaty, cold shakes, alway figity, no patience, lost about 20 pounds in 2 months, digestive problems, constipation, always feeling like I am on my "death bed", can't walk that long, breathlessness, always dizzy/unsteady and heart palpitations. I think that's it. I went to see a cardiologist for my fast heart rate and he said that my thyroid level was borderline and that could be causing my symptoms. Could this be? I have been feeling like this for about 2 years now. I quit my job, bascially am a hermit, and my life *****. I started feeling this way shortly after my second child was born. I heard that you can develope thyroid problems during and after pregnancy. also I am 24 and use to love to excersize and most of all SHOP! I hate doing any of that now and just lay on the couch because if I don't, I feel as though I will die. I am not exaggerating this, it is this severe and very constant. Sorry this is so long winded but I can't get in to see an endocrinologist until August and it is only March! I just need a glimmer of hope that this is what it is. I just need to know that there are people out there just like me or somewhat like me anyways that have gotten through this kind of thing. Please help.
Hi and welcome. What were your thyroid lab results with the lab ranges? Hard to comment without taking a good look at those first.
Also, were you tested for Graves and Hashimoto's Autoimmune thyroid disease?
I would call around and find a good endo that specializes in thyroid and see if you can get in sooner, telling them you are sick now.
If you have a regular dr who is willing to work with you and run the tests you ask for, then you will have a good start.
Well he said that my thyroid was borderline like 3.1 or something like that. I had to go to a big city to get told that. I live in a small town and my thyroid has been checked numerous times and they said it was fine. He called and asked for my last blood test and he thought it was not good. Soooo, I don't know. They took my blood and said they were going to test for 3 and 4 and some letters (sorry I dont know the correct terms and stuff).
You need to call and get the exact numbers and have them send you a copy of your labs. Always get a copy of your labs and start a file for them.
You should have had a TSH, Free T4 and Free T3. When you get these, post them on here so I can take a look at them and explain to you.
It is also imperative that you have the tests done for Graves and Hashimoto's. Both of these autoimmune disease can cause a lot of aweful symptoms like the ones you are having. Even the anxiety and panic. If your levels aren't supressed properly when you have Hashi's, then you will continue to get sicker. So it is important to know if you have this, as it is a common reason for developing hypothyroidism.
I thought I was the only one who felt like that.  I am sorry to hear thats what is going on.  I feel all those symptoms everyday.  I have been to the hospital numerous times for the chest and have had tons of test done on the heart and nothing.  I mean I am trying to figure out what the heck is going on inside me.  Well I pray for you and hope you can get it all under control.  When you do please drop me a line and let me know what they did.