Cystic Lesion
Hi Dr Lupo, spoke previously ref my large swelling on my right thyroid.  I have a large cyst on my right thyroid that the doctor has aspirated fullt and has tested ok, I have had an ultrasound which identified large cyst with septations, the radiographer advised that  I would be back for a biopsy under ultrasound.  I have since went back to see the endo with an enlarged thyroid, it grew back immediately after being drained and the endo advise to aspirate and re test , he completely drained off and has now referring me for a biopsy under scan.  The fluid on the first drain was bloody with creamy bits and the second aspiration it was dark translucent liquid.  Im fed up of the head aches and the swelling has come back immediately that night.  Can you advise, do you think I need a partial thyroidectomy?  Thanks
Dr Lupo doesn't monitor this forum on a regular basis.  You'd have to submit your question to the expert forum.  If you did that and your question ended up here, it's probably because the expert forum had as many questions as they could take in one day.  Excess questions end up here.

What were the actual findings of the FNA?  Was the cyst determined to be cancer, inconclusive or benign?  You say it was "ok" - does that mean benign?  

Is your endo recommending to have the right lobe of your thyroid gland removed?