Thyroid Disorders Community
Cytomel for Wilson's Temperature Syndrome

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

I have many symptoms of hypothyroid but my thyroid levels are normal, so my physician prescribed low-dose (5mg) Cytomel in the hopes of alleviating my symptoms. Has anyone taken Cytomel (not the sustained-release form, just the regular instant-release form) for Wilson's Syndrome? If so, could you please share your story? Did Cytomel work? Did you try the sustained-released form of T3?

Thanks,

Ally
I don't think I have Wilson's syndrome, but I have a lot of the symptoms.  I think I've just been hypo for awhile even though my test results were showing normal and it stressed my adrenals.  I started taking Cytomel 5 weeks ago.  I started on 5 mcg twice a day.  I took that for about a week and it was too high.  I had a headache, fatigue & swelling. I dropped the dose to 2.5mcg twice a day and felt MUCH better. After 2 weeks I upped that dose back to 5 mcg twice a day and many of my symptoms have gone away.  I still have some hypo symptoms, but just need to be patient and give my body more time to adjust to the cytomel and see if I need another increase. I also take 135mg of Synthroid( I was taking 150mg before adding T3). I'm hoping the cytomel is the answer to my lingering hypo symptoms.
Please post recent thyroid labs including reference ranges.  Ranges vary lab to lab and have to come from your own lab report.  Did your doctor test RT3?
Would love to hear how you did on the T3. I just started the timed release one today in only ONE mcg. Thing is I am so sensitive to it (get palpitations) that I wanted to start really low. My dr let me. I did have some 5mcg instant release tabs I used to break in quarters and take. I remember it helping alot. I am very confident that it will again, but I want to work up to the 5mcg very slowly. My thyroid labs are normal too, except for very low T3. It makes me mad that that has been ignored for so long. Hoping you're feeling much better!