Thyroid Disorders Community
Dark circles around eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Dark circles around eyes

I would like to know if dark circles ( blackish ) around eyes
is associated with ur thyroid problem?
and wht can be done about it ?
In my case, I have seen these around the eyes
since the onset of the hypothyroid almost 12 years back.
Im no expert on the hypothyroid ting as Iv only had it for a few months. But yes I do have (horrible) Black rings around my eyes. Many people have said it to me so I no its not in my head! I also av anxiety and other symptoms.. I must say its a horrible thing to have, I wish it would go away! Hope it helped! x
I had a TT about 14 yrs ago, and I still have black circles under both eyes. Mine could be due to lack of sleep, (insomnia real bad) My eyes also bulged out somewhat due to the misdiagnosis of having graves/hyper, they waited to long to figure it out..