Thyroid Disorders Community
Diet after thyroidectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Diet after thyroidectomy

Hi new to the site there is alot of helpful info here. I have had one fna (from a complex nodule)which found hurthle cells  and will be going for another fna on friday (in a solid nodule) . The doctor is leaning toward total removal and so am I while we await results from second fna. I guess my question is more to do with after. Is there any special diet you have to follow or foods to avoid after surgery and is it for life or only for a period of time?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
158939_tn?1274918797
Welcome!

I'm hoping that it is *benign* Hurthle cells but it sounds like you know there is only one way to make sure.

No one in my family was placed on any diet restrictions following our TTs.  Only thing you have to remember is to avoid calcium for an hour or so after your thyroid replacement.  We all just take the Synthroid (our family should buy stock in that) in the morning on an empty stomach, wait about an hour before eating, then take all the rest of our meds/vitamins at night.  Pretty easy for us.

Blank
Thank you. Get my results on thursday for the second fna and date for Thyroidectomy.
Blank
158939_tn?1274918797
Please, please let us know!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity