Thyroid Disorders Community
Dizzy, irregular heartbeat missed pills
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dizzy, irregular heartbeat missed pills

Hi, Im new to this site but would love some answers to help calm my mind while I wait for my drs call tomorrow. I'm currently on .50 of Synthroid,  I'm great about taking my pill each and every morning. However, bc of a glitch in the pharmacy system my refill was not issued and it took a week for the fill to be complete. During this time I missed 4 pills. Im having irregular heartbeats and dizzness. Has this happened to anyone who has missed a thyroid pill?? It's really scaring me
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
798555_tn?1292791151
So you missed 4 days of meds? Technically you shouldnt notice skipping a T4 med that soon, but some here claim too.

Heart palps and dizzness can be hypo symptoms or in your case, symptoms of thyroid hormone fluctuations.

This will most likely temporary and will pass as your levels resume, if that is the cause. Dont 'double up' on meds, just resume your normal dose. Dont get too worked up over it - wont do you any good.  :- )

Blank
1445110_tn?1388213311
Hi there. Sorry you are having such bad symptoms they can be scary. I also have had every symptom know to man from being hyper and hypo. But , I really just wanted to let you know that I have also ran out of my meds and let the pharmacist know that you dont have any at all and usually they will from thyroid meds a few pills until you can get it. Most understand that it is a pill we cant afford to miss and will accomodate you. Best of luck and feel better.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank