Aa
A
A
Close
Dizzy After Thyroid Surgery
I just had thyroid surgery on Wed. June 24th and they took out the left and almost all of the right lobes. It was not cancerous, but I had nodules on both sides. I was put on Tylenol 3 for pain, synthroid 100 mg once a day, and calcium 3 times a day (Calcium is just for a few weeks.) Ever since I came home, I have felt very dizzy - like vertigo all day. I stopped the tylenol 3 thinking that it was the codine, but even after 24 hours of no codine, I still feel very dizzy. I don't have any neck pain, it is all a very dizzy feeling. Could it be the synthroid or calcium or ????? I am having a hard time, just not staying in bed to keep from feeling dizzy!
Thanks,Tara  
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It could be a number of things...
side effects from the anaesetic
low blood pressure
high blood pressure
tinitis
also hypothyroidism and it will take a few weeks for the T4 med to get yr levels back up to scratch.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I just had my thyroid removed on July 27 and you have described me to a tee!! It seems better to keep moving then sit still and relax. It can't be the synthroid because i took that before the surgery with no problems and the calcium i doubt would be it. i had blood drawn today so hopefully tomorrow ill know something.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1090515_tn?1276173231
I had surgery 4 days ago and I am also having dizzing like vidigo, I am not on any meds yet, so can't be that, hoping ot find out answer too, wonder if it is calcium. (low)
GL
Comment
Cancel
1090515_tn?1276173231
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Dizzy After Thyroid Surgery
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources