Thyroid Disorders Community
Do I have Hypothyroidism??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Do I have Hypothyroidism??

I have gained about 20 pounds in the last year as well as having at least 3 to 4 sleepless nights a week due to heart palpitations. I read some other posts about how the heart palpitations were so strong for them they felt like the bed was shaking & that's exactly how it feels for me. I have tried to bring this matter up to my doctor a few times and the response I get it to go to bed the same time every night and to exercise everyday. As regards the weight gain she told me to eat healthy, not eat a lot of carbs, etc and says not to worry because I'm not overweight. Which is very frustrating to me because I live a very healthy lifestyle, workout everyday, eat healthy, and try to go to bed at the same time every night. I know my body and things aren't right. My whole family on my moms side has thyroid issues and I have thought for some time that I have hypothyroidism but the heart palpitations are what threw me off. My symptoms are, weight gain, heart palpitations (during the day and at night but more so at night which results in many sleepless nights), loss of energy with an accompanied feeling of exhaustion and sluggishness, achy body (which I felt was from working out but maybe not), also this is embarrassing but my digestion is really off, I get a lot of of gas. Has anyone else experienced the same symptoms? How do I get my Dr to take me seriously? She has tested my thyroid before and says it's within the normal range. But I have friends who have hypothyroidism and were told the same thing. I just want to feel better! Any help would be appreciated.
You do have a lot of symptoms that fall in the hypo category.  What thyroid tests were done for you?  Please post results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.
I do not have any lab results. The last time I had bloodwork for my thyroid was at least 6 months ago. I have a dr's appointment today and I'm going to ask her if I can get my thyroid tested again. Any specific tests I should ask for? In Canada, can you ask to see a copy of the results?
Today I suggest you should emphasize the hypothyroid symptoms that you are having and request to be tested for Free T3 and free T4 (not Total T3 and Total T4).  If the doctor resists, explain that those are the biologically active thyroid hormones and that Free T3 has been shown in scientific studies to correlate best with hypo symptoms, while Free T4 and TSH did not correlate.  I don't know how far you can go with the doctor, but I would push hard for those tests.  Other tests that would be good are Vitamin D, B12, ferritin, and a full iron test panel.

Not sure of the law in Canada.  In the US, doctors are required by law to give patients a copy of their lab report, upon request.  Even if you cannot get a copy, you have every right to find out the test results and reference ranges used by the lab for those tests.  Don't settle for less.

When results are available, if you will post results and their reference ranges, members will be glad to help interpret and advise further.
Thank you, I wrote these tests down so I can specifically ask for them. I will post results as soon if/when I get them.
I'm so frustrated because I asked my dr specifically to do the free T3 and free T4 with my bloodwork and she said she'll make a special note on my bloodwork for it but depending on the lab tech, they may not do it, they will only do the tsh because it's cheaper to do. So we'll see what happens...
I also get to wear a hear monitor for the next 2 weeks, lol.
What good is a cheaper test if it doesn't reveal your thyroid status?  I think you should tell them that TSH doesn't correlate with the biologically active thyroid hormones, and insist on Free T3 and Free T4.   If the doctor says yes, I don't understand how the lab tech is able to cancel out the doctor's request?

Did they draw blood today?  Did you ask the lab tech what tests will be done?  If not, I suggest that you call and see if you can make sure Free T3 and Free T4 are done.  It may not be too late.  If you don't get it done now, it will be months before another chance.  Be obnoxious, if that is what it takes.  
I don't understand how a lab tech can do that either but apparently they can. I did not get any bloodwork done yesterday or today because I have to fast and I had to leave for work @ 7:30 this morning and the lab doesn't open until 7 & there is usually a long line up. I am going to go for the bloodwork tomorrow morning & ask the lab tech who takes my blood to make sure the Free T3 & Free T4 tests are done. I do see on the requisition she did write T3 & T4 down. What's frustrating is that my dr said that the tsh test will show whether the thyroid is normal or not so that's why if the lab tech see that, they won't bother to go through with the free T3 & free T4. My dr said my bloodwork form a year ago showed a normal tsh level & I don't think she really feels there is a problem. She said if the tests come back normal then we'll just do a breakdown of what I eat and drink and how much I workout and see where the problem could lie. She said that every decade our bodies change how they function so now that I just turned 29, that is probably the reason for the weight gain. She did give me the 2 week heart monitor but really what good is that going to do for my thyroid!! It's so frustrating because I know there is something wrong with how my body is working, it's not a result of poor diet, lack of exercise, etc!! So now it will be a waiting game. I just want answers.
When you go into the lab, I would ask the lab tech what tests are going to be done.  If they don't include Free T3 and Free T4 (not Total T3 and Total T4), then you should just stop and insist on the Frees and keep pushing until they agree.  Also don't forget  Vitamin D, B12, ferritin, and a full iron test panel.

For info, members in the UK report having the same difficulty with getting adequately tested and treated for hypothyroidism.  You might consider this approach that was successful for one of our UK members.

"What I have learned from my experience is that you have to go to the Dr's office and TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT and to go backed up with knowledge.  You have to tell them that you have done your reading and looked into your condition and care about the long-term treatment of your health and thyroid.  If you fight for what you want, you will eventually find someone that is happy to go along with your wishes.  But we all have to take charge of our own health, right?"

Good luck.  Please let us know how it works out.
Thank you, that's a good suggestion. My lab test shows I'm being tested for Glucose, TSH, Creatinine(eGFR), Sodium, Potassium, CK, ALT,
Alk. Phosphatase, B12, Ferritin, CBC, Ca, Ma, T3, T4. I will make sure to specify "Free" T3 and T4 to the lab tech. Maybe I can plead my case with her. The worst part about all of this is that my mom had major health problems about 15 years ago which has left her permanently with Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia. The start of all her problems was her thyroid which was left untreated for years because her dr didn't think her thyroid was the issue. Now I'm in the same position, how ironic!
Good.  Make sure they also include Vitamin D.
Meant to add that if they argue that the frees are not necessary, just tell them that Totals include all the hormone that is inactive because it is bound up with protein molecules.  Only the Free portions are biologically active.  Also, scientific studies have shown that Free T3 correlated best with hypo symptoms, while Free T4 and TSH did not correlate.  If you want to give them something to read about this, here is a link.

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/routledg/cjne/2000/00000010/00000002/art00002
For some reason in Canada you cannot get your vitamin D tested(through OHIP) unless you meet certain criteria which I don't meet. I also tried to read that article but the link didn't work. Can you re post it? ( I cut and paste it to my browser but it said the page was not found) Thanks.
I don't have any idea why the link did not work.  Try pasting the link into Google and then you should be able to access and copy it.

That worked. Thanks, I will bring a copy of the article with me to the lab tomorrow.
Went for bloodwork and was assured by the lab tech that they would do the FreeT3 and FreeT4 tests so we'll see what happens. Hopefully I'll get some results in the 3-4 days.
So my Dr. called and said my B12 is just really low and that's probably why I have been feeling so tired. Does that make sense?

A deficiency of vitamin B12 can lead to vitamin B12 deficiency anemia. A mild deficiency may cause only mild, if any, symptoms. But as the anemia worsens it may causes symptoms such as:

weakness, tiredness or light-headedness  
    rapid heartbeat and breathing
    pale skin
    sore tongue
    easy bruising or bleeding, including bleeding gums
    stomach upset and weight loss
    diarrhea or constipation

If the deficiency is not corrected, it can damage the nerve cells. If this happens, vitamin B12 deficiency effects may include:

tingling or numbness in fingers and toes
    difficulty walking
    mood changes or depression
    memory loss, disorientation, and dementia

I think your symptoms extend beyond B12 deficiency, so I am really interested in seeing your Free T3 and Free T4 results.  Can you get a copy of your lab report, or at least Free T3 and Free T4 results, along with their reference ranges shown on the lab report?
I went to my dr. today for a b12 shot & asked for a copy of my bloodwork. I have the full results now.

FBS 4.7
TSH 4.37
Cr 69
eGFR 87

Na 140
K 4.1
CK 57
ALT 15
ALP 45
B12 188

Ferritin 20

Hb 134
Hct 0.40
WBC 5.4
RBC 4.14
MCV 96.1
MCH 32.4
MCHC 337
Random Distribution Width 12.6
Neutrophils (A) 2.7
Lymphocytes (A) 2.2
Monocytes (A) 0.4
Eosinophils (A) 0.1
Basophils (A) 0.0
Platelets 278

Ca 2.28

Magnesium 0.73

Free T3 4.8

Free T4 12
It would help us if you please list the reference ranges for those tests, as shown on the lab report.  
FBS 4.7        3.6 - 6.0
TSH 4.37      0.35 - 5.00
Cr 69            45 -97
eGFR 87      60 -89

Na 140         135 - 147
K 4.1             3.5 - 5.5        
CK 57           29 - 165
ALT 15         10 - 44
ALP 45         45 - 129
B12 188        198 - 615

Ferritin 20     10 - 291

Hb 134           120 - 160
Hct 0.40         0.35 - 0.45
WBC 5.4        4.0 - 11.0  
RBC 4.14       4.00 - 5.10
MCV 96.1       80.0 - 100.0
MCH 32.4       27.5 - 33.0
MCHC 337     305 - 360
Random Distribution Width 12.6     11.5 - 14.5
Neutrophils (A) 2.7       2.0 - 7.5
Lymphocytes (A) 2.2    1.0 - 3.5
Monocytes (A) 0.4        0.2 - 1.0
Eosinophils (A) 0.1       0.0 - 0.5
Basophils (A) 0.0          0.0 - 0.2
Platelets 278                150 -400

Ca 2.28                        2.15 - 2.60

Magnesium 0.73          0.70 -1.00

Free T3 4.8                  3.5 - 6.5

Free T4 12                   9 - 23

I find it very strange that all those tests were done, but they won't test for Vitamin D.   I am sure that with your symptoms and those tests, that you would find your Vitamin D to be too low, so it would be a good idea to start supplementing with D3, which can be obtained without prescription.

Also, your B12 is below range, as your doctor mentioned.  It should be at least at the middle of the range, and some members report that they seem to need for B12 to be at the high end of the range.  Does the doctor plan to give you B12 shots to raise your level quickly,  or what is the plan?

Another area that needs to be addressed is your ferritin.  Your level is indicative of iron anemia.  All of these, low D, B12 and  iron anemia are frequent companions of hypothyroidism.  

Even though the doctor does not recognize any problem with your thyroid levels, your symptoms and those test results, indicate that you are hypothyroid.  TSH is a pituitary hormone and is affected by many different variables to the extent that it is inadequate as a sole diagnostic for thyroid issues; however, your TSH does exceed the level currently recommended by the AACE (.3 - 3.0).  In addition your Free T3 and Free T4 are below the middle of their ranges, which is further indication of being hypo since the ranges are far too broad.  Many members, myself included,  report that symptom relief for them required that Free T3 was adjusted to the upper part of its range and Free T4 adjusted to around the middle of its range.

A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important, not just test results.  You can get some good insight into clinical treatment from this letter written by a good thyroid doctor for patients that he sometimes consults with from a distance.  The letter is then sent to the PCP of the patient to help guide treatment.

http://hormonerestoration.com/files/ThyroidPMD.pdf

So you need to talk with your doctor about the B12 and find out his plan to address that, along with your ferritin level.  You also need to supplement your Vitamin D level with D3.  You also need to find out if the doctor will test you for Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin antibodies, for which the tests are TPO ab and TG ab.  These tests are to determine the presence of Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, with which the autoimmune system produces antibodies that attack the thyroid gland and continue over an extended period until the gland is destroyed.  Hashi's is the most common cause of diagnosed hypothyroidism.  If you have Hashi's, as I suspect, then it will make a much stronger case for the doctor to start treating you for hypothyroidism now.  

Otherwise you are going to probably have to fight an uphill battle to get your doctor to start treating you.  One thing you might do is take a copy of this list and mark it with the symptoms you have, then give it to the doctor, along with a copy of the letter I linked above.  I know how difficult it is to get adequately tested and treated in Canada.  It is maybe even more difficult in the UK.  You might keep in mind this bit of info from a UK member who was ultimately successful in getting adequately tested and treated.  

I went for a B12 shot yesterday and will go once a week for the next month for a shot and then continue to go once a month. Thank you for the insight, when I look at those numbers, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for but I did think my ferritin level was on the very low side even though it's within the "normal" range. Thank you for the reference for that letter, it is extremely informative! Would it be appropriate to bring it to my dr so she can read it? I was going to wait a month to see if the B12 shots make a difference in how I'm feeling but maybe I should try and make another appointment and ask if she will test me for Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin antibodies. Also, I will ask for her to test my vitamin D level. My mom has Hashi's so it wouldn't surprise me if that's what I have. Any suggestions on changes I should make with lifestyle to help if I do have hypothyroidism, diet, supplements, etc?
Sorry,  I forgot to give you the link on hypo symptoms.

http://endocrine-system.emedtv.com/hypothyroidism/hypothyroidism-symptoms-and-signs.html

I would try to make another appointment and show the letter, and the list of symptoms, marked to show the ones you have.  Then request testing for TPO ab and TG ab and Vitamin D.  
Just an update, nothing new to report. I'm waiting to see my dr. My dr had no available appointments until June. When I go in June, I will request those tests. I have been getting weekly B12 shots and am feeling a bit better. One great change is that I haven't been having any heart palpitations!
Well, I saw my dr and yippee, she is sending me  to an endocrinologist. My appointment is in September. Just a waiting game.
Wouldn't your doctor do all those tests in the interim?  Just because a doctor is an Endo does not mean a good thyroid doctor.  Many of them specialize in diabetes and not thyroid.  Also, many have the "Immaculate TSH Belief" and only want to use TSH to diagnose and treat a hypo patient.  That is wrong.  Others only use Reference range Endocrinology" and will tell you that a thyroid test that falls anywhere within the range is adequate.  That is also wrong.  

If you will post your location here, and also send me a PM with the Endo's name, I'll be glad to see what I can find out.  If the doctor is not the good thyroid doctor that you need, why wait until Sept. to find out?
> During the past 40 years of my life starting at age 25 I've periodically been overwhelmed with anxiety, depression and insomnia. I was told by the mainstream medical community it was SAD, depression etc. I was perscribed Anti depressants which was frustrating as I was waiting for improvement which never came. During the past year I had another episode and onto a.d.'s. These episodes at times happened in the fall/winter after an evening dinner out, consuming sweets, and alcohol. Drs. then said low blood sugar caused anxiety etc. In June I consulted an M.D. who pracitces naturopathy in our city. I recorded my basal temp for a week, which was between 95-97. He perscribed 30 mg of thyroid hormone, as I was tapering off of celexa. I felt improved in a week. This lasted 6 weeks. Two weeks ago depression hit me which he said is still withdrawl (withdrawal) from the celexa. I've been off this 7 weeks but I guess it screws up your
> brain chemistry. He increased my dosage to 60 mg. I feel somewhat more relaxed but still very tired and on edge.  I;'m wondering does fatigue go along with increases in thyroid meds., or is it perhaps still celexa w.d.  I'm thinking it is.  

I'm canadian also and can identify with mG29.  In desperation I went to a holistic Dr. who is also an M.D. and paid $$ to have complete blood work done.  My free t4 and t3 levels are the same as hers.  My tsh is at 2.14 and he says he wnats it at 1.  Your thoughts?  Do you think I'm on the right track after all these years?
It is very good that you have had the Free T3 and Free T4 tests done.  When taking thyroid meds, TSH becomes almost useless for treating the patient.  In fact many hypo patients taking meds find their TSH becomes suppressed below range and their doctors erroneously decide the patient is hyper and want to reduce meds.  Wrong!!!!  You are hyper only if having hypo symptoms due to excessive levelsof Free T3 and free T4.

As I described above, a good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important, not just test results.  You can get some good insight into clinical treatment from this letter written by a good thyroid doctor for patients that he sometimes consults with from a distance.  The letter is then sent to the PCP of the patient to help guide treatment.

In order to achieve symptom relief, many members report that Free T3 had to be adjusted into the upper third of its range and Free T4 adjusted to round the middle of its range.   So, from your description of your symptoms and Free T3 and Free T4 levels, you have a lot of room to adjust.  Being in Canada, your biggest problem now will be finding that good thyroid doctor that will treat you clinically, as described.  If interested, you might have some interest in this link on Patient nominated Top Thyroid Doctors in Canada.

http://www.thyroid-info.com/topdrs/canada.htm

I should also mention that hypo patients are also frequently deficient in other areas as well.  I suggest that you should test for Vitamin A, D, B12 and ferritin.  Also, be aware that just being in the low end of these range for these is inadequate.   Typically they should be at the midpoint or above, for best effect on your body.  

Please keep us tuned in to your progress.
This N.D. seems pretty thorough, although his beside manner is teh pits.  He seems to have the attitude I know what I'm doing "trust me", which ticks me off!  he's sending me for thyroid blood work every month.    My July results were free t3 ~ 4.8  (3.5 - 6.5).  Free t4 ~12.7 ( 9.0 - 23.0) Tsh 2.10.

My viatmin A was down ( 1.1) so I'm on 6 drops of that per day, @ 5000 units per drop. The scale is ( 1.5 - 3.5)   Vitamin E  was 27 ( 12-45).  He also has me on vit E.  My sugars were also high6.1 ( 4.3-6.1).  Triglycerides 2.14 high also.  Cortisol was high 639 ( 120-620) .  Vitamin B12 was I think 932 if I'm reading this correctly.  It says normal ^150 pmol/L.  You can maybe enlighten me I don't know how to read the b12, just going by my lab results. I appreciate your thoughts on these results.  many thanks.   I am still suffering A.D. w.d into 8 weeks, but know I can feel well again as I did on the inital 30 mg of decissiated thyroid until the w;d's surfaced.  From your experience do you get the sweats with the thyroid hormone.  I seem to at times!
The main thing I see in your labs is that your Free T3 and Free T4 are too low in the range.  The ranges were originally established erroneously.  As a result healthy patients usually have Free T3 and Free T4 in the upper half of the ranges.  Members here frequently report that symptom relief for them required Free T3 to be adjusted into the upper third of the range and Free T4 adjusted to around the middle of its range.  

Free T3 is the most important because it largely regulates metabolism and many over body functions.  Scientific studies have also shown that Free T3 correlated best with hypo symptoms while Free T4 and TSH did not correlate at all.  So be aware and don't let a doctor try to regulate your meds based on TSH.  That simply doesn't work.  Clinical treatment, adjusting FT3 and FT4 works best.

In answer to your question, members have reported having sweats with either hypo and hyper.  

It seems that your doctor has you on the right track by increasing the med.  Now you just need to give the increase a total of about 5-6 weeks and then re-test Free T3 and Free T4, and continue to gradually increase until you feel well.  

Also, you should request to be tested for ferritin.  Ferritin is a good test to determine available iron level, which is very important to good thyroid function and metabolism.  As with the other tests, you want ferritin level to be near the midpoint or slightly above.  
My ferritin is 106 (12-300)> He didn't say it should be adjusted.  He told me he wqants my freeT3 at 6. ( 3.5 - 6.5).

I'm also very fatigueed.  Have members reported fatigue with an increase or could this still be w.d. symptoms from the A.D.  My mind was so very foggy yesterday and later last evening it just lifted.  I found this weird.

Many Thanks for your assistance.  I need reassurance I'm not crazy!!!

Mau
A question ~ I don't completely understand what would the upper half of the ranges be for my free T3 and T4?  I know I'm focusing on this but don't feel well.

Thanks so much,

Mau
I don't understand why is there a Report by my questions?
Just a typo I guess the report is now gone!  Thought I'd done something wrong!
For the Free T4 range (9 - 23), the midpoint is 16.   For Free T3 (range of 3.5 - 6.5) the upper half of the range would be above the midpoint, which is 5.0.  both your Free T3 and Free T4 are below the midpoint of their ranges, which is frequently associated with being hypothyroid.  

As I previously mentioned, In order to achieve symptom relief, many members report that Free T3 had to be adjusted into the upper third of its range and Free T4 adjusted to around the middle of its range.   So you need to continue to increase your meds as necessary to relieve symptoms, and  also test for both Free T3 and T4 enough to confirm your levels.  Fortunately for you, your doctor seems to understand this, since he said he wants your free T3 around 6

You haven't mentioned Vitamin D.  That is important to  know as well.  D should be around the midpoint of its range also.  

That level for ferritin is good.  No change needed.  

If you click on the Report  button on any post you will notice there are options to report to a Moderator a post that is Abusive, Spam, or a duplicate post.  Then the Moderator will take appropriate action.
My vitamin D is a s follows 25 (OH) D2  >2

25 (OH) D3 171

Total 25 (OH) D 171

>25 severe deficiency
25-80 moderate to mild deficiency
80 - 200 optimum levels
. 200 toxicity possibe.

I was also not that fatigueed on 30 mg but seem to be on 60.  I've been at this level for two weeks.  Is this normal, any other members report such?

Thankyou for you time.

Two weeks is not enough time to fully reflect the effect of a change in meds, even with desiccated.  The half life of the T4 portion is such that it takes 4-5 weeks to be over 90% of its final level in your blood.   In addition, symptoms tend to lag somewhat behind changes in blood levels of thyroid hormones.  The lag time can be dependent on degree of severity of being hypo and the length of time you were hypo.  
~ I was just reading the life extension magazine August 2012 issue.  There's an extensive article in there on thyroid.  This Dr. says don't go over board with thyroid meds.  She said some of my patients have the attitude that if some is good, more is better.  She said however too much thyroid medication can stress out the adrenal glands which will then over produce cortisol as well as dysregulate ( impair) the ratio of cortisol and DHEA and epinephrine and norepinephrine.  This will leave you more fatigueed than you were in the first place, because the rest of your body's systems will not be able to produce the energy needed to keep up with your now revved up thyroid!

I'm wondering if this is what has happened to me going from 30 -60 mg.  I'm more fatigueed than I was before, and sometimes seem disjointed.   I lie down for awhile and then I'm fine.  I take it from your previous statement you think it would be wise to stay the course instead of reverting back to the 30 mg.?  I value your opininon.
Just my opinion but that doctor sounds like one with the "Immaculate TSH Belief".  She probably thinks that any dosage of thyroid med that gets the TSH below the middle of its range is adequate.  That approach will leave many patients still hypo and suffering with typical hypo symptoms.

I haven't heard of excess thyroid meds (whatever that is per her definition) stressing out adrenal glands trying to keep up with a revved up metabolism.  I'd really like to read any scientific study that proves this to be the case.  I have read that insufficient thyroid hormone levels will cause adrenal fatigue as the adrenals try to offset the low levels of thyroid hormone.  These patients then have adverse reaction to thyroid meds until their cortisol level is addressed, or the thyroid med dosage is kept to a very small amount over a long period to allow the adrenals to recover.  

Stay the course.  If you have concerns about adrenal function, then you can ask for a 24 hour urine cortisol test.
Are you supplementing the vitamin D? Is your level really 171?  That might be too high for you.
No I'm not supplementing the vitamin D.  Level is 171.
Please post the reference range for the Vitamin D result, as shown on the lab report.
My vitamin D as per lab report.

25 - hydroxy vitamin D

25 (OH) D2     >2

25 (OH) D3    171

Total 25 (OH) D   171

>25 severe deficiency
25-80 moderate to mild deficiency
80 - 200 optimum levels
. 200 toxicity possibe.

Today I'm experiencing brain fogginess, nausea, is this common increase symptoms?   I'm feeling worse on 60 mg than 30mg is this common until my body adjusts?  
I'm thinking the above  maybe still symptoms from the celexa w.d.  Any feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mau
After 3 weeks of feeling fatigueed and foggy on the increase of 30 -60 mg of dessicated thyroid I cut back to 30 mg.  I couldn't function on the 60.  It's been three weeks and I'm still experiencing severe sweats, and depression.  I'm thinking just as I was increased too quickly, I reduced too quickly.  I read where people are usually increased by 15 mg for two to three weeks.  I'm wondering with this depression if I should try increasing 15 mg.  What are your thoughts on this?  Appreciate any feed back.  Many Thanks.