Thyroid Disorders Community
Do my symptoms match?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Do my symptoms match?

For over 10 years I have been dealing with occurrences of the sensation that my throat is clogged and have had difficulty swallowing.  This feeling sometimes causes me to gag.  In 1994 (age 10) an ENT said that I had a slight case of acid reflux.  

In 2003, at age 19, I learned that I have high cholesterol.  This was shocking because I am very healthy and active (5'2 and 115 lbs).  I have completely changed my diet, but have not been able to lower my cholesterol (ranges from 275-223).  

I also have a sensitivity to cold and my eyes have a sensitivity to light.  Over the years, I have become increasingly more fatigued and have had episodes of vertigo. I have a high ANA Titer, but nothing has been diagnosed except for Raynaud's. An MRI ruled out MS (my mother has MS).  

Do you have any ideas? Could it be Hypothyroidism even though my TSH is normal?  My symptoms do not severely impact my day to day life, but are very worrisome to me.  I have been searching for answers without much luck.      
Thanks, Lisa
Can you give your lab values (TSH, free T3 and free T4). Did they check for your thyroid antibodies (TPO and anti-Tg???). I have high ANA's and they ruled out other autoimmune disorders except Hashimoto (thyroide), I have some symptoms (being tired) but my TSH is not high enough to be medicated, recently my cholesterol was high to (hypo can give this). I'm going in September to repeat all thyroid and cholesterol tests, may be you must repeat them too, perhaps your becoming Hypo.
Thanks for your response!  My TSH was 1.5, but my T3 and T4 were never checked.  My ANA titer was over 1:1280.  According to my lab results my TSH is right in range.  What are your levels?  

Thanks for your help--it is much appreciated!
Your TSH is ok, my TSH first was 3.5, 2.5 and the last 2.9. But you must check for free T3 and free T4 and antibodies to rule out a thyroid problem. I had TPO antibodies (thyroide autoimmune disorder) more then 1000 first time and ANA's 640, my ENDO wanted me to go to a specialist in autoimmune diseases and I did it. All autoimmune were negative (3 vials of my blood were tested) I have Hashimoto. Ultrasound of my thyroid says I have nodules and tyroiditis. So you must see what they have tested for you, your ANA's are really high, but Raynaud's phenomenon give positive ANA's too, but usually associated with an underlying disease.